Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
We should also start collecting proposals to give some handy ideas to the developers.
Feel free to check the proposals from last year (http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeGo_Coding_C...ation_proposal) and edit the new wiki page accordingly (http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_coding_competition_2012)...

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
The only risk to the 'new apps only' rule is that it's sure to cut down the number of entries, so there may be too many categories. It would look bad if there were lots of categories but only a few entries in each.
Hm, yes. How many developers are still around maemo.org?

I'd miss the "Fun & Strange" category if it went, even though it's not often over subscribed with entries it does raise some gems and a few smiles - who can forget rmerren's entry 'Old School' (Old School for n900) or helex's entry 'N900 X-Ray' (N900-X-Ray - this will convert your N900 into a hi-resolution mobile X-Ray unit) lol We definitely need to keep a place somewhere for the eccentric side of maemo.org, even if it's just a catch-all 'others' category

I think that N900 X-Ray thread is one of my favorites on maemo.org And this follow up thread n900 xray is it real??? too .. in fact maybe we should have a category where the winner is the application that generates the best threads with the most ridiculous replies
Wooohoo...
Thanks, kojacker. You made my day. This is what every developer wants to read.
So, have I created a useful application? A ridiculous feedback app. Perhaps it could fit next time into the toolkit category!

And our first donation pledge to the community bounty
Mmh... wow, good mark. Lets hope the next donators will try to catch up!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Feel free to check the proposals from last year (http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeGo_Coding_C...ation_proposal) and edit the new wiki page accordingly (http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_coding_competition_2012)...
I would say no need to do so.

Have a look at this wiki and this thread already created by qgil.

So perhaps we could point to this thread at our coding competition wiki and keep it clean only for our competition.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Have a look at this wiki and this thread already created by qgil.
Hm, looks more like a "it exists already somewhere else and it is needed to port it to the N9"-wiki.
Here is my try to collect some new ideas: [SURVEY:] What kind of Applications are you missing at the N900?

Old and N900 related, but perhaps still helpful for some N9 developers...

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Hello there!

I'm glad coding competition is so advanced in preparations.

Don't get this as hostile or whatsnot, but I would like to mention again, that, to my best knowledge, seeding activity as a whole have 40 N950's and 60 N9's. We have 4 categories - 2 governed by qgil, 1 by CC team, and 1 by Council.

As for category governed by Council - Community Awards - 1/4 of devices pool, which means 10 N950's and 15 N9/s is a bare minimum. So, if you want to assign more than 10 N950's to CC, You need to get lacking ones from QT5 and Nokia store category, governed by qgil - of course, if he agrees.

Please, take it into consideration, when working on categories.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I added a description of the voting process to the 2012 Coding Competition Wiki page. It would be nice if you could review what I wrote. If you find discrepancies or some things are unclear I think it's best to publicly discuss this here.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_codi...on_2012#Voting

Thanks

Edit: To avoid confusion, I did this on request by zehjotkah.

Last edited by Wonko; 2012-05-24 at 18:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Hello there!

I'm glad coding competition is so advanced in preparations.

Don't get this as hostile or whatsnot, but I would like to mention again, that, to my best knowledge, seeding activity as a whole have 40 N950's and 60 N9's. We have 4 categories - 2 governed by qgil, 1 by CC team, and 1 by Council.

As for category governed by Council - Community Awards - 1/4 of devices pool, which means 10 N950's and 15 N9/s is a bare minimum. So, if you want to assign more than 10 N950's to CC, You need to get lacking ones from QT5 and Nokia store category, governed by qgil - of course, if he agrees.

Please, take it into consideration, when working on categories.

/Estel
Because of your concern some pages ago, I came up with the idea to have one N950 and at least one N9 per category.
At the moment we have 10 categories. That means we need 10 N950 and at least 10 N9s, which is exactly the amount we should get.
The "spare" 5 N9s could be distributed among the categories with the most submissions.

Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
I added a description of the voting process to the 2012 Coding Competition Wiki page. It would be nice if you could review what I wrote. If you find discrepancies or some things are unclear I think it's best to publicly discuss this here.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_codi...on_2012#Voting

Thanks
I think that's perfect. Thanks a lot!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
As said, the Coding Competition has priority deciding how many N950/N9 they want. I just need a number.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Because of your concern some pages ago, I came up with the idea to have one N950 and at least one N9 per category.
At the moment we have 10 categories. That means we need 10 N950 and at least 10 N9s, which is exactly the amount we should get.
The "spare" 5 N9s could be distributed among the categories with the most submissions.
Ops, I must've miss-read it. Excuse me, and thanks for such cooperation.

As CC is going to get prizes as last category, You can be sure, that - in case of any unassigned devices (it probably won't be a case for Community awards, but You can't be sure), we will surely re-allocate them to CC, so there is a chance for some bonus prizes

If CC could sue any help from Council, feel free to contact me or other Councilors. I hope everyone know, that we're playing on same team

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
As said, the Coding Competition has priority deciding how many N950/N9 they want. I just need a number.
100 devices please!
Then everyone will win! Cause I don't think we will get more than 100 brand new apps.
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas