Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I will splurge on this one. N900 great phone, but corporate email did not exist, nor work and way too slow. The iphone was a good phone, but email reception was not that great as compared to BB. The new LUMIA 920 will offer the same security as BB, and great email interface. Sooooo, they got my dollars. Cant wait to splurge!!!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No, but there is about 2 % chance they I get a 820.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

*looks at Lumia 900 that won't get updated to WP8*

*looks at who started this thread*

Not I.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Netherlands
I'm definately buying a lumia 920, or other wp8 phone.
The n9 was my chance to shift from wp7 since that phone died.

I came to love the N9, especially the UI and big community with it's customisation capabilities, but can't seem to lose my windows phone itch.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
*looks at Lumia 900 that won't get updated to WP8*

*looks at who started this thread*

Not I.
I dont know how you can live with N9. I tried. tried hard, but despite everything, just couldnt do it anymore.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I dont know how you can live with N9. I tried. tried hard, but despite everything, just couldnt do it anymore.
While the whole time I'm thinking... don't feed... the... troll...

The N9 is an awesome phone, sure, it's email client has it's issues, but other than that, it's fast, stable, has awesome tweaks to it, and the community is made of pure awesome. My only other complaint is the lack of a HW keyboard. But all the ******ed WPx phones that Nokia have released lack one too. Oh, and there is that whole "Microsoft are an evil empire trying to lock you into their jail." thing that makes me shy away from anything with their crappy (new) logo.

I won't be going that route, if my N9 ever dies, I'll probably just go back to my N900. If that dies as well... then it all depends on what Jolla does. If they don't release something with a hardware keyboard, and basically on equal grounds with what the N900 has (FM transmitter, pressure sensitive screen, etc) then I'll probably just end up going back to a 'dumb' phone. One that I don't have to charge for a few weeks at a time.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Mr. Elop? Is it you? You had your chance...

Originally Posted by MarcAnton View Post
Mr. Elop? Is it you? You had your chance...
Holly Guacamole Batman.... you've connected the dots!

I'm flattered

Given that I had a Lumia 900, my statement about that phone stands and it would be worded pretty closely to what you stated about the N9.

I will paint no rosy images about the N9. As a phone, it's great. Makes and completes the call without incident. For e-mail messages, it's starting to show its age. Browsing... passable but I carry a tablet with me always now. And besides... I can tweak my N9 to allow for free tethering. Can't do that on the Lumia 900.

It will allow me to bide my time much better than the Lumia 900. That's my take.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
While the whole time I'm thinking... don't feed... the... troll...

slaapliedje
Priceless at this early hour

And I'm sticking with my N9, waiting to see what the Jolla release has in store...

Tags
lumia vs iphone