Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
I do hope the VAT thing is for the American buyers (we know they have their stately tax system), because the folks in the EU expect tax to be included in the overall total.
From Jolla's indiegogo page:

Does the Perk price include VAT or other taxes?

No, contributor is responsible for paying any taxes and duties related to his/her shipping country. Tax, customs fees and other applicable customs charges are not included in the price of the tablet. Once we get close to the delivery date, we will ask you to confirm your shipping address and we will instruct you on VAT payments if you live in Europe.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
I do hope the VAT thing is for the American buyers (we know they have their stately tax system), because the folks in the EU expect tax to be included in the overall total.
You need to remember that taxes are a good thing, taxes keep the government healthy so it can provide you with all the nice freebies.

Income tax is good but VAT and property taxes are even better!
Be a happy taxpayer!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
jolla smartphone includes VAT but tablet may not? Why is that...do they ship tablet from hong kong and phone from Muumilaakson tarinoita?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-07-06 at 17:10.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
jolla smartphone includes VAT but tablet may not? Why is that...do they ship tablet from hong kong and phone from Muumilaakson tarinoita?
They are shipping to countries that don't do VAT, so it makes sense to separate it out.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Game on...who will ship first?
Nokia or Jolla...

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Game on...who will ship first?
Nokia or Jolla...
Er, why would anyone care? (Is there anything of interest in the Nokia tablet? I can't see any reason why someone would prefer their offering over the competition...)

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I was just wondering which I will get first. My TOHKB or Jolla tablet...

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Er, why would anyone care? (Is there anything of interest in the Nokia tablet? I can't see any reason why someone would prefer their offering over the competition...)
Lets say a random Guy planning to go his summer house for vacation, in a quite remote and beautiful place. Imagine this Guy wakes up first day of vacation, fixing some breakfast and while drinking the hand made coffee and wants to read some news but suddenly all tablets are used by others. The guy needs an extra tablet fast, jolla is the first choice, but they are slipping, vacation closing in. The guy needs a back up. Nokia N1 shows up...the game is on...the guy might care

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
The guy needs an extra tablet fast, jolla is the first choice, but they are slipping, vacation closing in. The guy needs a back up. Nokia N1 shows up...the game is on...the guy might care
The guy must be nuts, then. The Nokia N1 is a bland Android tablet, same as all the millions of other Android tablets available on the market today. And Nokia itself has nothing to do with such devices, anyway; the guy would do better to get a device directly from a company that actually designs and manufactures Android tablets, like Samsung, or LG, or HTC. (And these devices are already available today, no need to wait...)

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
The guy must be nuts, then. The Nokia N1 is a bland Android tablet, same as all the millions of other Android tablets available on the market today. And Nokia itself has nothing to do with such devices, anyway; the guy would do better to get a device directly from a company that actually designs and manufactures Android tablets, like Samsung, or LG, or HTC. (And these devices are already available today, no need to wait...)
What's the fun in that when you can try something "new".

Either way, when do you think we get a memo if they push the release or not?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund