Notices

The ntp and ntpdate packages already exist. Also, there's one at nitapps.com to set the time from a GPS.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
...would it be possible to add the ability to sync the NIT's clock to an atomic time server?
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
The ntp and ntpdate packages already exist.
There's also bug # 472, for which you could vote.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I've been running Modest since I bought my N810. Two days ago I installed fiferboy's statusbar-clock (without setting alarms) and desktop resets started.

Yesterday I disabled statusbar-clock and everything was working OK again. It's a pitty because I really liked statusbar-clock.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
alephito, it is so strange the way the desktop resets seem to affect people differently. If I install statusbar-clock everything is fine, but when I install modest afterward I start getting desktop crashes. I don't know if it is a problem with alarmd when it has too many processes polling or what.

I am going to update statusbar-clock with a setting to explicitly turn alarms on or off. If you turn them off, you won't be able to access them through statusbar-clock AND it will no longer even poll alarmd. Hopefully this will eliminate desktop resets with the alarms set off.

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
It would be nice to try that new version. Thanks.