Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Just get N9, selll this ****, buy N900 and profit. Simple as that.

Still, many people get not even E7, but crappy N8 as replacement, so one getting E7 is probably lucky enough. If they offer N9, it's no-brainer - You can sell it and buy ideal condition N900 for 1/3 of N9 price. Or less.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Well i would agree and for me I would rather they got my N900 fixed rather than sending me a replacement, especially as they didn't ask me first, but you have to ask yourself what use is an N9 if there's precious little support for it? especially if you are from the UK and they don't even sell it here (well not in the shops anyway) i'd be so paranoid about breaking it because if i had to send it away for repairs there's no way they could replace it and i would probably end up with an N8 in the end anyway.

Selling != using. Don't use. don't break. Sell on ebay, then buy used N900. + profit.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Yes Estel I am going to ring them tomorrow I think and comlpain that I would consider the E7 a downgrade and hope they stump up with an n9 which I would promptly sell without even opening the box to look inside. I could then either buy 2 n900s, or an n900 and something else. There are still a couple of places saying they can provide new n900s. I might not be that lucky though but I can only try. I haven't even sent it away yet, been spending the past few days making sure it's all backed up etc on the pc. So if they are already telling me I 'may get an E7 as a replacement if it can't be fixed' it doesn't look like very good odds on getting an n900 back. So, in that case I gotta plan for the worst.

The Following User Says Thank You to kyllerbuzcut For This Useful Post:
i would be worried about getting a 2nd hand N900 ... think why they're selling it in the first place, possibly cos they've got a new phone but very likely because they have discovered that the USB port is looking dodgy. Let's face it, a 2nd hand N900 is a used N900 complete with (ab)used USB port which they're probably wanting to get shot of

Plenty of places saying that they will sell a new n900. Some on ebay and some with a google search. Price isn't too much different from the 2nd hand ones on ebay.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I got my phone back, took only 2 weeks till the repair had been finished at "Media Markt". They assembled one of the backscrews wrong though, still I was able to fix that quickly.

I have now one software problem though, read more here -> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...93#post1126593

Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
Plenty of places saying that they will sell a new n900. Some on ebay and some with a google search. Price isn't too much different from the 2nd hand ones on ebay.
What annoys me is that they consider an E7 as an upgrade. If that is so then why would a device like the N900 which was released some 3 years ago still be fetching £250-£300 today in spite of it's well known faults yet the E7's price tag is slightly lower at £250 but is barely a year old?

Originally Posted by Glue View Post
What annoys me is that they consider an E7 as an upgrade. If that is so then why would a device like the N900 which was released some 3 years ago still be fetching £250-£300 today in spite of it's well known faults yet the E7's price tag is slightly lower at £250 but is barely a year old?

I said almost exactly this to them. Said an e7 would be more like a downgrade, an n9 would be a bit more like it. The reply I just got today was that the n9 is not available in the uk, and the e7 is a similar device with some specs higher than the n900. I've been to the link they gave me on the nokia website to compare them, and I have to say even on paper the e7 is not as good, even if a few of the specs are similar.so I don't know what they are trying to pull.

I think I need to have another moan. Also a quick look on Amazon uk and the n9 IS available sim free in the uk, even if it's not available to buy on contract (yet), also the E7 is available sim free for £290 and the n900 for £319. In my head at least this would suggest they are trying to pass off an inferior product to me, that has less monetary value. It doesn't matter what THEY value it at, it matters what it is worth to me, as I plan to sell it and get another n900.

I shall report how I get on. You never know, they may even magically find another n900 hidden in a drawer for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to kyllerbuzcut For This Useful Post:
Finally some good news, originally when got my so called upgrade i e-mailed them a few times and made a few phone calls to discuss the situation, i did point out that the E7 is a mobile phone with some nice handy gadgets and a pretty screen whereas the N900 was a computer with mobile phone capability built in more as a convenience, she was sympathetic with the problem i faced but did eventually admit that my N900 had gone to the great repairshop in the sky so i thought i'd hit a dead end. As one final attempt to get hold of one in any shape or form i asked her if she could get a refurbished one to me or even contact a 3rd party provider and get one there, i even suggested buying one from the repairshop but to no avail, she did however say that she would contact her supervisor and get back to me. Well I thought that would be the last i would hear from them but to my surprise, 2 days later a phone call, they have found one in stock and it gets delivered next week. So i'd say to you don't think all is lost. It was over a week after getting my E7 before i decided i'd rather have my N900 back and to their credit they have finally given me the result i want!

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty