A while back I was looking to buy one of the official devices that go in your wriste but only seem to be available in america, this is a great idea if it works, thank you.

on one note, for health & safety reasons I would highly recommend you turn wifi off, turn bluetooth off & set the phone mode to tablet mode...

Even then, I think having eletrical power next to your body might not be very healthy, if you ever study thai chi or some other similar accient martial art, then you should know what i meant, but then such people probably would not even own a mobile phone

either way thank you

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
on one note, for health & safety reasons I would highly recommend you turn wifi off, turn bluetooth off & set the phone mode to tablet mode...
This saves battery, sure, but does very little to "protect" you from anything. Especially since the energy that actually gets to you is almost non-existent on the scale that measures actual effect on a human body.

Even then, I think having eletrical power next to your body might not be very healthy, if you ever study thai chi or some other similar accient martial art, then you should know what i meant, but then such people probably would not even own a mobile phone
How do you carry your N900? In your pocket?

Please, don't spread this kind of unsupported nonsense.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joorin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by erniadeldesktop View Post
I will be proud to test. but after "successful" installation is not in menu nor executable from shell.
after upgrading the package everything is ok. I will give it a try and send you the out.
How did you get the icon to show up in the app lists please?

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by spinnerdcc View Post
Please explain where we are supposed to put the phone?
In ze hole of ze body, you may choose which end. (please pronounce with stereotypical german accent)

Last edited by olighak; 2010-06-29 at 21:57.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
if i have the phone playing music while falling asleep, does this wreck the 'recording'?

Does not appear to have a .desktop file so cannot start it!

Originally Posted by Joorin View Post
How do you carry your N900? In your pocket?

Please, don't spread this kind of unsupported nonsense.
I can talk from experience, the picture below will hopefully explain something

@jasonisdavid & JonWW
after the installation, I couldn't find the application, so the only thing I did was using the app manager,and under the update menu, update sleepanalyser. now is working. Going to test it now!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erniadeldesktop For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
I can talk from experience, the picture below will hopefully explain something
is this guy catching bullsht?

Last edited by erniadeldesktop; 2010-06-29 at 22:32. Reason: grammar

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to erniadeldesktop For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi all

Thank you for your interest.

When you start the application you will see some more informations.
I suggest to put it beside your pillow. As I usually charge my phone over night (so it is ready in the morning), I plug it into the charger. Make sure it is not covered with your pillow. I did it once and the phone got really hot

Also I suggest to change to offline mode. This will prevent you getting woken up by a drunken friend calling you
Also it is healthier. Scientist are not sure themselves how unhealthy phones beside your heads are, but they also figured you that it can be good aganst brain tumor in some cases...

All the application does is measuring the acceleration and some math with it.
If you had a look on the iPhone SleepCycle app, they do exactly the same.
So theoretically we should be able to do the same or even better as we have less HW and OS restrictions.
The difficulty is how to interprete the data.
I did some research and figured out that it is almost impossible to correctly figure out in which sleep pattern you are.
Just search for some scientific tests with the iPhone and you will see that it can be very off track.
So please do not except too much! I wrote this app just for fun and because it shows me more or less how long I sleep.
If we can get it to make a similair graph like the iPhone, I will be very happy.

Version 1.0.12 should work with the icons, if not, please let me know. As I am debugging directly on the phone, it is very hard for me to test.
Sometimes (like now) the icon does not work even everything seems to be in the right folder. I am wondering if the cache is not always refreshed.