Active Topics

Notices

AS I understand the only remote client that transmits the actual sounds that are streamed from the host to the client is RDESKTOP(VNC doesn't) now, I find that it is extremely hard to find the information on how to set up the SERVER into the host computer. COuld anyone give me throught this? The startup page on RDesktop(runned at the n800) asks me for domain and other stuff.. How do I set this at the host computer? any programs -servers- i have to download? Thank you for your help

Armando

P.S: it would be interesting if besides transmitting the 'mouse information' from the n800 to the pc, the mic may also be able to transmit voice. That way i could use my pc as a way t bridge gizmo project(on the pc) or some other. Afterall, I am one of the unlucky people who got the n800 that gives the problem with gizmo project. In the end, the only thing im missing is VOIP>...any ideas, anyone? Anything out there besides gizmo?and google talk with vo2ip?

Last edited by scrappy898; 2007-05-06 at 06:31.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
For RDP to work there has to be a RDP server most XP workstation by default have one current RDP license out of the box for the user... as far as I know there is no server side you can download and install for free..... Thats if you one more the one simultanious RDP session... The domain is your workgroup and than your username and password and you are set... make sure RDP is enable at the xp machine by right clicking "My Computer" --- Properties ---- Remote Tab.

Last edited by SeRi@lDiE; 2007-05-06 at 10:36.

Multiple desktop sessions works fine after downgrading the xp rdp server service.
http://sig9.com/articles/concurrent-remote-desktop