i need to read up on this. dont really know about warranty claims when bought used.

Originally Posted by djbengan View Post
i need to read up on this. dont really know about warranty claims when bought used.
I'm afraid that in these cases you normally get no warranty. There are rare exceptions out there, and mostly because they don't bother checking whether you are the original owner.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I have been told in another thread that you can tranfer your warranty. You need to contact Jolla and give them your IMEI.
Caveat: I have not tried it myself.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
Yes the EU law says something about how electronics should be 2 years warranty, but I don't know how to utilize this. Anyway, I didn't get any complaints, just a request to send my Jolla back to get looked at. It is 1,5 years old. I hope they replace it as I still want to keep using my Jolla but this year I have had to use other phones because of the continuous call issues. If they just return my phone again by saying "no issues were detected" then I'm unfortunately done with Jolla.

The Following User Says Thank You to Miharin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That's what I keep reading in this forum. However Jolla Warranty Policy says one year.

As I have already mentioned somewhere in this forum (that I cannot find now), there are loopholes in the EU compulsory 2 years warranty requirement. Basically it boils down to who has a stronger will to fight and/or a better lawyer.

>Jolla Warranty Policy says one year.

The Jolla Warranty is a separate beast from the compulsory EU 2 year guarantee , and cannot supersede it (except where it may offer additional cover not provided by the EU guarantee). Nor can it supersede local consumer law (except where it offers better terms) - and in the UK that means you have up to 6 years to return goods

> Basically it boils down to who has a stronger will to fight and/or a better lawyer

No, not really. And the article doesn't entirely suggest that. The issue in the UK is that there are certain conditions under which you can return goods or get a free repair, one of which is that after 6 months the burden is on the consumer to prove the goods were faulty (there's no such burden with the EU guarantee). As far as the screen problem is concerned this would not be an issue, as there is plenty of evidence (the large number of people with exactly the same issue) that the fault is with the cheap screen that Jolla used

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
I filed a claim now, will report back.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Web browser is horrible. I hate it. If I close the last tab and start fresh I have to close the browser multiple times to load a single page. After ~the fifth reopening of browser and trying to open some bookmark it finally works - and lands on jolla.com. Thanks!

Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Web browser is horrible. I hate it. If I close the last tab and start fresh I have to close the browser multiple times to load a single page. After ~the fifth reopening of browser and trying to open some bookmark it finally works - and lands on jolla.com. Thanks!
What? Maybe you want to explain your problem in a little bit more detail so that others can try to replicate? I have done what you say several times and never had an issue, perhaps it's related to the website(s) you're visiting?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I have only one grievance with the browser, and that is the way it doed not open a new page when started by clicking an email link for example.

It is not nice that it overlays the last tab with new content...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I've stopped using jollas stock browser because of minor unwanted innovation they did with how bookmarks/favourites is displayed in the app - a page full of star-icons with cut off labels, too cumbersome to use as it is now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veeall For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience