Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
fbreader has not been updated on the N900 in a long while, too bad. A developer from fbreader gave me this link a while ago...I have the stable but the unstable worked too. Nice thing is in these builds the table of contents works in my oreilly technical books. sadly though the volume rocker would not change pages. but you can of course map keys...

http://scratchpost.dreamhosters.com
The current version of fbreader on N900 is 0.10.7-13. The link you provide has a ver 0.14.0-13

It is not clear from the fbeader website what changes are in that version. Could you give a brief summary and show your steps of how to install that devel version along with your keymapping solution?

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
isn't calibre mainly an e-book manager. I too would like to get calibre running but only so I can manage my books for transfer to and from my n900 and PRS-600 e-book reader.
it comes with a reader. At least this is what is on from my Fedora 12. A decent ebook manager is very desired app to have on N900. For me also dictionary integration on reader.

Originally Posted by gsever View Post
The current version of fbreader on N900 is 0.10.7-13. The link you provide has a ver 0.14.0-13

It is not clear from the fbeader website what changes are in that version. Could you give a brief summary and show your steps of how to install that devel version along with your keymapping solution?
well first of all there is a "stable" release as well if you look at the bottom of the page provided. the entire reason I am using these builds is because toc is enabled and I can't read a technical book without.

you need to uninstall on the n900 the app and if I recall the associated library which will be the same version number, then reinstall the library (library name is in the link along with the fbreader app). If I recall the second most recent development version worked (whichever that was a month ago) but not the latest. again I am just using "stable".

after uninstalling the app and ?libzlibrary? (think that is the library name) simply click the links in the browser and it will give you the choice to install via application manager. do the library first.

keymapping are in the menu accessed at the top of the screen. If you take stable you have to hit the little dot on the right to go to that tab if you take a later development build you just scroll down. my mapping is as such (I find it very ergonomic)

comma key=decrease font
back arrow (upper right hand corner)=increase font
return key=previous page
move right key (bottom right)=next page
up key = scroll line up
down key = scrill line down
period key = previous toc item
left key = next toc item
L key = open library
space key = toggle full screen
P key = open toc
K key = cancel (for instance if viewing toc this will return you to current book)
O key = access options or preferences (again use K key to move back to book
Q key = quit
B key = open previous book
I repeated a few keys in the name of ergonomics

R key = prev page
T key = next page
E key = scroll up
D key = scroll down
W key = prev toc item
S key = next toc item

hope this helps...

it comes with a reader. At least this is what is on from my Fedora 12. A decent ebook manager is very desired app to have on N900. For me also dictionary integration on reader.
The name of the python script for the reader is ebook-reader (located in /usr/bin on my Ubuntu system). You may want to take a look and see if you can just get that particular script running if a reader is all you want.

*EDIT* There's also a separate lrfreader from the calibre package.

R.
==

too bad nobody but me seems to want easy fedora. I do wonder if it would work on fedora (12) as that is I am pretty sure more updated (not in terms of packages but but in terms of being more recent) then debian lenny.

@extendedping,

libzlibrary v0.12.10-3 from the stable folder installation complains with libfribidi0 (>=0.10.4-5) dependency missing. How did you install yours?

Plus, are pdf files supported in one of the newest devel versions?

Originally Posted by rickh View Post
The name of the python script for the reader is ebook-reader (located in /usr/bin on my Ubuntu system). You may want to take a look and see if you can just get that particular script running if a reader is all you want.

*EDIT* There's also a separate lrfreader from the calibre package.

R.
==
Those go by ebook-viewer and lrfviewer in Easy Debian. Not so surprisingly they fail giving the similar error messages with starting the main calibre app.

Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
too bad nobody but me seems to want easy fedora. I do wonder if it would work on fedora (12) as that is I am pretty sure more updated (not in terms of packages but but in terms of being more recent) then debian lenny.
I would like an Easy Fedora as well, since it is on my laptop (F12). Being following since F10, eventually will update to 13 or 14.

They advertise using Easy Debian on N900 one can access whole Debian apps whether x86 or not. This is one thing I don't understand exactly. How are they accessible without specifically compiled for the armel? Is this the chroot magic? Will the same be applied to Easy Fedora as well? Get it working in chroot and viola all Fedora apps are available in N900 -- therotically

pdf I dont know, didnt check. Honestly I remeber I had an issue initially wirh the install. I believe I either
a) uninstalled via apt with the ??purge?? option the library and then installed or
b) had to have the generic fbreader/library installed.Sorry I don't really recall the procedure.

Nokia-N900:~# dpkg -l |grep libzlibrary
ii libzlibrary 0.12.10-3 Platform-dependent part of fbreader
Nokia-N900:~#

Nokia-N900:~# dpkg -l |grep libfribidi*
ii libfribidi0 0.10.4-6 Free Implementation of the Unicode BiDi algorithm
Nokia-N900:~#

but as you can see it is in fact installed for me

I would like an Easy Fedora as well, since it is on my laptop (F12). Being following since F10, eventually will update to 13 or 14.

They advertise using Easy Debian on N900 one can access whole Debian apps whether x86 or not. This is one thing I don't understand exactly. How are they accessible without specifically compiled for the armel? Is this the chroot magic? Will the same be applied to Easy Fedora as well? Get it working in chroot and viola all Fedora apps are available in N900 -- therotically
Please let people know you too want fedora here is the thread
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...+fedora&page=4