Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Pyro_lv View Post
So yeah. What do you say? Is the Sailfish OS ready for a regular user?
IMHO, Sailfish OS is ready. The question is rather, is the regular user ready for a UI paradigm shift?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
not sure if this has happened to anyone else.. but my vibrate on my jolla has either disappeared or is very weak

iv checked settings and vibrate is on for everything. even when using pulley menu there is no vibration.. only when i quickly move up and down on the pulley menu i can feel a very light vibration...

is this fixable?

iv tried turning off and on the phone.. didnt fix anything

i think it all happened when i decided to explain the concept of the other half to my friends, took off my white other half and re-attached it and it asked to install the theme.. i pressed cancel.. and i think i lost my vibrate since then..

Originally Posted by Pyro_lv View Post
Does a GoPro app work? (Maybe someone has a GoPro camera )
I tried it once, a few updates back. It did connect to the GoPro, but every few seconds the connection manager popped up, asking me to chose a network, it seemed to have some sort of problem with the GoPro Wifi. I'll have to test it again to see if it's usable now.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@toki
This seems to be common Jolla issue. Use CSDs tool to check your vibration. When switch it ON and if not working - shake the phone a bit. If t start vibrating - leave it like this for a minute or two.
Check the thread on TJC for more info: https://together.jolla.com/question/...ation-problem/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Someone know what needs to take safe from android side to able revert saved game (hill climb mainly) ?
I tried to move folder /sdcard/Android/data/...hillclimb/ somewhere else to try effect but hillclimb still knew my game progres, so that wasnt enought.

The Following User Says Thank You to millerii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by millerii View Post
Someone know what needs to take safe from android side to able revert saved game (hill climb mainly) ?
I tried to move folder /sdcard/Android/data/...hillclimb/ somewhere else to try effect but hillclimb still knew my game progres, so that wasnt enought.
Do I understand it right that you want to remove your savings?

If yes: You need a rooted filemanager (Schturman's apps on openrepos) to have access to /data/data/com.fingersoft.hillclimb/shared_prefs/ and your progress should be in hillclimbprefs.xml.

Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Do I understand it right that you want to remove your savings?

If yes: You need a rooted filemanager (Schturman's apps on openrepos) to have access to /data/data/com.fingersoft.hillclimb/shared_prefs/ and your progress should be in hillclimbprefs.xml.
No, I just want backup and restore it after resetting jolla, but thanks.
What I mean by moving/removing, I just tested if that location was effect to my progress and then know sure that its game save and to be taken backup.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by millerii View Post
No, I just want backup and restore it after resetting jolla, but thanks.
What I mean by moving/removing, I just tested if that location was effect to my progress and then know sure that its game save and to be taken backup.
Ok. Then you can just backup the folder shared_prefs and restore it later. Anyway you need root privilege to enter this folder as I described before.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by robbiec View Post
Running Update 5.... Loving the music player, simple to use, sound is excellent and navigating my collection is beautifully intuitive. I've lucked into a great mobile / headphone combo with a set of AKG450s. Anyone who has listened to playback has been very very impressed. Best thing is that thereis more to come, my tunes are in mp3 format from google music, starting to convert my CDs and Vinyl collection using Flac this weekend. ......
Wow, you like the Media player. I think it is terrible, and it has got no better in the 5 months of updates.

The sound quality is great and the cover buttons are superb, cover art works well and lots of formats supported... but...
  • Shuffle does not get past the letter A.
    Greatest hits Albums are a confused mess of multiple artists.
    Album lists are by artists name and not the album name, making this a useless function.
    Artists lists show number of minutes rather than the far more useful albums and songs.
    Navigating long lists without a scroll bar is very frustrating
All these issues were raised in November but so far without any acknowledgement from Jolla.

John

Last edited by bockersjv; 2014-04-25 at 10:54. Reason: typo

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2012 @ THESSALONIKI GREECE
Please someone help me.i.need auto answer calls like Callmee by Iktwo for N9.(sorry for off topic and bad english).

Last edited by gaiosgf; 2014-04-28 at 22:26.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience