Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Weird problem. In normal cellular phonecalls, I cannot hear people, they can hear me though.

In skype phonecalls, sometimes I can hear the other person and they hear me fine. But only sometimes.

A full reflash is not possible as I have a broken USB port, however I have attempted to reset to factory settings using the options in the settings.

SMS / 3g data works perfectly. Ideas?

edit: when making an outgoing phonecall, I can often hear the other person. Incoming phonecalls I have this problem

Last edited by Storm_11; 2011-03-27 at 01:51.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moscow, Russia
My phone once entered a strange state where there was no sound on incoming calls, unless 'speaker phone' wa pressed.

But it was 'fixed' by a simple reboot...

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Somewhere on earth
Originally Posted by yoush View Post
My phone once entered a strange state where there was no sound on incoming calls, unless 'speaker phone' wa pressed.

But it was 'fixed' by a simple reboot...

did you installed "car-fm"? so when you calling it connecting to radio FM, just turn it off.

thanks so far guys. i found the problem. same problem as listed here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...andset+speaker

so i attempted to fix it as per the diagram... and truly screwed the phone. The casing was much harder to get off, so part of the plastic broke. Two of the screws were extremely tight, they ended up stripped. So I had to drill them out. Reassemble, and the touch screen wont work. The screen works, but doesnt respond to touch. Also cracked the glass in front of the screen somehow.

New phone time

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Why the hell did you not just return the phone to Nokia? It is still under warantee.

I have had two new n900s, the first for a broken usb port and the 2nd for a broken earpeice speaker. Just got it back yesterday. All n900s have a 2 year warantee and you do not need your receipt. Just go to to the Nokia site and use the warantee checker
http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/repai...r/warranty?c=1

no receipt.

We've now checked the warranty status of your Nokia device and found

Sorry - according to our system, the serial number 356xxxxxxx89057 you have entered is no longer within the warranty period.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
no receipt.

Sorry - according to our system, the serial number 356xxxxxxx89057 you have entered is no longer within the warranty period.
Then call them. The n900 has not been out for more than 2 years yet so they are ALL still under warantee

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
no receipt.

It will say that because it is based off of when the phone was manufacture, but your warranty is based off when you purchased it..

I am just curious to ask you: if the USB port is broken, how can you use the phone without charging the battery?

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
I had this little problem myself with just one person but it has somehow fixed itself now. Good luck

Tags
epic fail