Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Sigh......
http://mynokiablog.com/2012/06/26/le...ons-on-screen/
So it WAS well & truly on schedule, & to be announced very soon.
So much for it supposedly constantly slipping WRT milestones etc.
And many who felt it was good for low-to-mid (just so long as it didn't creep into the upper-mid/top) are now arguing exactly the opposite.
Gee, I wonder why.....
Indeed very very very very very very very sad. Why not announce it and try it out with a few devices if it was so close? It's not like they have several lowend windows dumbphones in the pipeline ready fro release

EDIT: would be nice with any leaked screent shots also? I want to see what they where aiming for.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-06-26 at 07:56.

I can't see this as anything other than bad management.

Even if they didn't mean to go down this road for the long run, this would have sold in buckets. The market is always hungry for new and different, and there's been very little new since Android ate the market. Curiosity alone would have sold a million devices. Further more, this is to me a low end smartphone, not a low end phone. There's a possibility this might have created a niche in the price range of the crappiest android phones.

Bleh. Management failure.

Don't attribute to incompetence that which can be adequately explained by malice.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Don't attribute to incompetence that which can be adequately explained by malice.
Indeed, I'm well & truly convinced of that now...
People can label me conspiracy theorist if they want.
But I'm observing things with eyes wide open...
I've watched everything unfold very carefully in the past 18-mth.
On-balance there's just no way this guy's executing in a purely clinical/pragmatic fashion.
There's definitely a considerable degree of pure bias.

Yeah, I can't believe the CEO and the entire board are that idiotic. Therefore there must be an agenda and an endgame to all this, and it's clearly not to the company's benefit.

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Yeah, I can't believe the CEO and the entire board are that idiotic. Therefore there must be an agenda and an endgame to all this, and it's clearly not to the company's benefit.
Believe it or not, there have been more idiotic events in history - ie. George Bush being elected as president/running the country

(I hope i don't offend any Americans)

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Believe it or not, there have been more idiotic events in history - ie. George Bush being elected as president/running the country

(I hope i don't offend any Americans)
No offense taken here. Bush would be fun to have a few beers with and talk baseball, but being born a Bush and hopping around as a male cheerleader doesn't make a good president. He was horrible - an Elop-quality president.

Registered Linux user #266531. Android user since v1.0.
Registered Linux user #266531.

George Bush and Dick Cheney. Y'all have some explaining to do, methinks.

The only country in the world that believes free health care is a threat to freedom.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Please don't make this go too off-topic!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
There's not exactly much else to discuss any more: "She's well & truly dead this time Jim."
So close, yet so far....

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-06-28 at 11:10.

Tags
downward_spiral, fu_flop, memories