Notices

Thanks for considering enhancing an already great app with some more working buttons. And I'm glad you mentioned that the store button in your app was functional--I hadn't tried it! I think it may be a proof of concept that when a few of the buttons work, it adds a nice touch.

As far as launching the apps, whatever is easiest for you, because I'm no expert. But I wonder if you could use the the launch information from the .desktop files. For instance, when I nano the fMobi.desktop file, which would be one of the Facebook apps, you see this as one of the lines: Exec=/usr/bin/invoker --single-instance --type=e /opt/usr/bin/fMobi

Is this what you had in mind? All of the .desktop files are in the /usr/share/applications/ directory.

Thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
all i was talking about something like this ,this is window 7 launcher for ad-droid.
And i hope the guy who made this ,didnt get screwed due to any law thingy.
The other thing is ,QBW might be useful in making all those tiles without any problem ,i have seen some russian guy already made sucha theme but he couldnt deliver all the info here .I am really not obsessed with windows 7 style but i suppose its better to have something rather than nothing and i believe N900 is quite capable of such thing without any hiccup.

The Following User Says Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Is this what you had in mind? All of the .desktop files are in the /usr/share/applications/ directory.
Yes, this was exactly what I thought. I will add those commands only for preinstalled apps. So no fmobi button at the N900, but perhaps at the N9.

The sad news: I'm participating with this app at the coding competition this year. The deadline is in about 2 hours and I need to go to bed now. We're asked for a "code freeze" while the voting is running. I don't know at the moment when the voting will start. So... hm... perhaps I will ask if it counts as a feature or a fix.

But I'm afraid, if I will integrate the corresponding launch commands to the tiles I guess I have to do it in some weeks after the voting is done.

I hope you would still vote for it. But only if there is nothing in the "Other" category you like more... Be afraid of your outing: Nobody should really like tiles!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
LOL. It goes without saying that you have my vote! (uhm, how do we vote, anyway?)

Say, if the powers that be at the competition do not agree to allow the incorporation of more functioning buttons, do you think that you could submit the current version for the contest and then add the new functions for the public in the next version? That would seem fair to the contest and it wouldn't force quite as long a delay in development. No big deal if it must be delayed, but . . . I had to ask.

Good luck, and thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
LOL. It goes without saying that you have my vote!
I was just kidding, it's up to you which apps you elect.

This app was created to have something to participate at the coding competition, not with the target to win anyting.

If you would vote for it I'm fine. If you find anything which is more attractive vote for this. We're a community. We're whats left over from the good old Nokia. We have to stay together and we're not opponents.

(uhm, how do we vote, anyway?)
Ensure you have enought karma points (more than 10 I would say) by connecting your maemo.org and talk.maemo.org accounts together. Google will perhaps help you. And as soon as the voting begins you will receive a mail with the details. Just like the council election. But only in case we're able to setup the process correctly. Otherwise we will have a Forum poll.
Watch out this tread for more details: Coding competition 2012

Say, if the powers that be at the competition do not agree to allow the incorporation of more functioning buttons, do you think that you could submit the current version for the contest and then add the new functions for the public in the next version?
Yes, I will add it in the next version. After the voting is done. There are already a developer asking at the thread if tiny updates may be allowed, so I will not ask if it is allowed at my submission. I will just wait and see what happens.

That would seem fair to the contest and it wouldn't force quite as long a delay in development. No big deal if it must be delayed, but . . . I had to ask.
Yeah, the competition was running for 3 months (yes, I began very, very late with my project) and the community should vote for the work during the 3 months. Just to keep it fair.

Good luck, and thanks again.
You're welcome.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@helex: rotation issue is fixed, works like a real windows phone now, thanks a lot pal

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
Wp experience to the t! Haha. Would be damn funny if someone makes a video, uploads to YouTube and it goes viral.
Now that would be hilarious!

The Following User Says Thank You to joelsk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joelsk View Post
Wp experience to the t! Haha. Would be damn funny if someone makes a video, uploads to YouTube and it goes viral.
Now that would be hilarious!
I'm not sure if it will end good if something like this goes viral. So I'm not sure if I would like it...

Not to sound like a party pooper, I have simply some doubts.
If it generates to much noise I'm sure Nokia will find a justification and remove it from the store. And I'm sure, if you love the N9/xx you wouldn't like to have this "courseware" removed.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure about the causes for the votes at the ovi store: WPx Emulator

Are there so many lovers of the original out there?

In my opinion a 5 stare rating is a sign how strong the maemo and MeeGo community is in contrast to the fans of the real worst product with their 1 star ratings.
Currently it seems to me there are more Windoze fans out there... This can't be real!

Should we as a community show in the ratings how exact and well this Emulator works?

Hi! I haven't read any comments from this thread but I would like to inform you that after I downloaded the file from nokia store, I opened it and an error occurred. So, I uninstalled the said application. I don't know if you created an update for that but maybe it's just in my phone.Thanks.

Tags
windoze, worstapp, worstproject