Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
This is no analyst speculation. Any hope after that is just wishful thinking.
Isn't faith always like that?

A video of (it's unlikely I'd be present) Elop, with the Nokia board of directors standing behind him, announcing to the public the total abandoment of linux would maybe create doubt.

You are right in that that there's no exact quote of him saying it.

"According to Elop there's no return to MeeGo...."

I'm clinging on to anything i still can.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
Stephen Elop stills own quite a lot of Littlesoft share.
Stephne Elop Do not Know anything about mobile computer market, as he is proving every day.
Stephen Elop is killing Nokia, choking it on the behalf of littlesoft and US gov.
Stephen Elop is a lier. He saw the n9 and n950 one year before us and decided to terminate it because they were much better tha any WP7. Why you are not selling the n950? GET RID OF THE N8 or E7 CRAP. They are a shame for Nokia irself. You're not doing it? Because you are a damn FRAUD!
WHAT THE HELL NOKIA BOARD IS DOING? FIRE THIS FAT STUPID TROJAN HORSE AND REJOICE WITH MEEGO.

And about this stupid word, ecosystem, which means nothing at all, Mr. Elop DO YOU ****ING KNOWS WHAT QT IS?
DO YOU ****ING KNOWS WHAT ALIEN DALVIK IS?
No. You only know what the other fatso Bellamar tells you to. Mindless slave

Last edited by Endri; 2011-06-23 at 10:21.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Endri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
help me obi-wan intel, you're my only hope.
ok leia.

go inside this dark cave, walk til the end of the tunnel, then undress yourself and wait for me there.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
It's not totally different article. If you compared them, you'd find that HS used a lot of the comments from REUTERS, if not the analysts' name, from the article I linked.

I'm reading the HS international version, and corresponding Singapore news which they sourced from, and I don't see the exact wording from Elop or Nokia that implies N9 is the first and last MeeGo Phone. Rather, one analyst from REUTERS did say that, and I'm not sure if the author in HS has made use of this.

So straightly speaking, HS just remits someone else's analysis. If this is pure speculation, it'd not be HS' fault. That's win-win.

Having said that, I'd have no problem if Elop really admitted it.
Yes it is a totally different article. That article on HS international edition is from yesterday. This is a Elop interview from today. This article doesn't even have translation at the HS international site yet.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Thats not ambigious at all - the quote is attributed to Meego... and I assume this newspaper is not one that will make up **** is it ?

Good enough for me.
MeeGo isn't talking.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Yes it is a totally different article. That article on HS international edition is from yesterday. This is a Elop interview from today. This article doesn't even have translation at the HS international site yet.
As I said in earlier message:

After thinking it through, what Elop meant might be that WP7 will continue as a Nokia's main platform, even if MeeGo succeeds better than expected.

"Nokia won't return to Meego (as a main platform)" != "N9 is the last Nokia Meego -device"

It seems that the Finnish media corrupted the article in Helsingin Sanomat. But I must admit that the article is quite unclear.

I think that the title should be changed until we know better.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ministeri For This Useful Post:
OK, so he rules out MeeGo, but what about Harmattan?

So straightly speaking, HS just remits someone else's analysis.
There will be more meego phones. The force is strong with meego, I can feel it. Sith lord elop shall not prevail.

No seriously, I think there are smoking heads at nokia hq right now, how exactly to solve this dilemma. They cannot praise meego too much, because wp7 needs nokias support more than ever. At the same time people there are probably proud of what they see.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post
It seems that the Finnish media corrupted the article in Helsingin Sanomat. But I must admit that the article is quite unclear.

I think that the title should be changed until we know better.
Don't mean to flame you, but to me that is just wishful thinking.

It's pretty obvious what he meant and the timing of the interview makes it even more clear.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:

Tags
elopcalypse, elopocalypse, insanity, makesnosense, trojan