Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Aachen, Germany
So a year after I bought my N900 the battery stopped charging, which is no big deal since I was well within the 2 year warranty.

I went to the local Nokia "Care" Point here in Aachen (Germany), which is SELTIX, and claimed warranty, no problems

Today I got a SMS telling me that my device ready to be picked up. I ran to the SELTIX shop and happily(as in stupid) gave my signature.

Back at home I looked at screen, which was without visible scratches: 1 long and 4 short scratches, 3 of the 4 short ones are deep. The mainboard was replaced, so it must have happened during this task.

So I went back and complained. The answer: you shouldn't have given your signature without looking at device.

Thanks Mr. Care Point douche, I know that. But what is the point of having a guy looking after the details rather than doing it myself if he doesn't? Isn't that what "care" and "support" is about?

Well, one can say that I screwed it up. But I feel pretty much screwed by Nokia and that won't happen again since I won't buy any device from the company any time soon.

Thank you Nokia, thank you very much.

Last edited by MaikB; 2011-02-10 at 12:49.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Write them a letter or something. Send a copy to the most powerful Nokia person you can find. All companies have jerks working for them, but you usually can find non-jerks too.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Aachen in Germany
Maik, sorry to hear that. IN principle I agree to geneven. There are guidelines to cover screens with tapes, etc so that scratches shouldnt happen. But if this company doesnt follow the process -> bad luck.

I would try to get chief of SETLIX and complain again.

Good luck

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Manchester
I've just had my N900 back from a 2nd repair. They replaced the device after, during the first repair, the camera was damaged by a scratch on the lense.

I'd signed for it at the care point when I picked it up after the first repair, but of course I'm not going to give the device a smoke test before I sign.

Shouldn't they have pick some screen protection on the device before they gave it to you anyway? If they did, you could argue that you couldn't tell the fault until you got home.

Hopefully you can find someone more reasonable to deal with, maybe even at the same shop. It's their fault the device is scratched, at the end of the day.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
Since you live in a EU country, I'm pretty sure that your signature has no juridical significance whatsoever, as clearly you have had no chance of inspecting the device at that point. You probably are just required (by the law) to complain during "a reasonable time", which might be several weeks. The bottom line is this: No matter what you sign, you still have your legal rights.

You probably have some town officials for consumer protection affairs who are paid to help people with cases like this.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Wow, thats not really what I call customer service.
I suggest you try the option of geneven or either call Nokia.

Just be nice to the people you're talking to cause getting mad & personal won't get you anywhere with these people.
It about if there willing to actually do anything/take time for you.

Thank you guys for your kind words and the encouragement to calm down and to try solve this problem.

Since Nokia is a massive company and I don't know where to start sending emails at (beside the generic support feedback web form) I decided to start by sending a letter to the much smaller SELTIX company (in German):
http://pastebin.com/E7mpuMES

Lets see what happens.

I'd be glad to take hints regarding to which email addresses @nokia I should send a letter as well.

Originally Posted by MaikB View Post
...I decided to start by sending a letter to the much smaller SELTIX company (in German):
http://pastebin.com/E7mpuMES

Lets see what happens.
The Answer:
Leider kann ich Ihre Email momentan nicht beantworten, da ich vom 07.02.2011 bis einschl. 04.03.2011 nicht im Hause bin.

Which means that this guy is out of office until march -____-

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
I called up Nokia support 3 times for support in the last 6 months.

My last call was last night. This can convinced me to say good bye to nokia after 18 years.

This N900 was the last hope for Nokia and I was hanging on by a thread... that thread was axed by there extremely poor customer support. So rude, the terrible professionalism, attitude, poor service and lack of technical knowledge.

I have even called back to complain about the customer and wished to speak to the supervisor .. they took my details and promised that someone will call me back ... 5 months now .. still waiting.

I have had my N900 for 6 months on a 24 months contract. I will break it in weekend (regardless of the cost) and move to an Android phone. Thats right Android .. not the shitphone (iphone)

Good Bye nokia

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I sent my N900 headset 3 months ago and never got a response, nor replacement, I followed up a few times, they claim it has been escalated and someone will call me back but they never do.