Hi,
Don't really know ...
Everything looks right, but, after better check, sim tray says "made in finland" but usb tray don't fit perfectly, and has a little "made in china" written on it ...
N9 was deliverd in an opened nokia oem box, so perhaps usb tray has been replaced, perhaps something else, every doubt are allowed ... i'll never know.

I didn't sent back my opinion on ebays about herbetrade, my opinion will be neutral as they sent i rapidly, phone works fine but i doubt it's a real original new phone ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nemric For This Useful Post:
Interesting. By the way, Amazon is selling direct (no 3rd party) for $546. It seems like all the ~$200 ones on Ebay and Amazon have been touched in one way or another. Maybe the higher priced direct Amazon one would be sealed box?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vartanarsen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Vigo, Spain
There are plenty of new N9s in Amazon around USD250, AFAIK: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Why exactly do you need it to be "Amazon direct"?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicofante For This Useful Post:
Because all the ~$200 ones have been opened and tampered with, and they are selling as new. I have yet to see a sealed box N9

The Following User Says Thank You to vartanarsen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
And even you will find a 'sealed' one, you need trust the seller!
A sticker is faked faster/easier as the other parts (like charger, earphones, etc.), or it is even 'original' chinese refurbish Nokia sticker ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Found a seller with sealed box with Nokia Sealed Sticker.

The Following User Says Thank You to vartanarsen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
sadly there are no n9 on ebay india but strangely a jolla phone has appeared today. Priced at about $475 it comes with all the accesssories but not with the box. I bet it wont work with the frequencies available in my country.

The Following User Says Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
sadly there are no n9 on ebay india but strangely a jolla phone has appeared today. Priced at about $475 it comes with all the accesssories but not with the box. I bet it wont work with the frequencies available in my country.
i also saw it plus theres someone on olx and quiker etc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
i also saw it plus theres someone on olx and quiker etc
Cannot believe jphone is on olx , just checked it myself. damn these babies are expensive.

The Following User Says Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
Originally Posted by nemric View Post
Hi,
Don't really know ...
Everything looks right, but, after better check, sim tray says "made in finland" but usb tray don't fit perfectly, and has a little "made in china" written on it ...
N9 was deliverd in an opened nokia oem box, so perhaps usb tray has been replaced, perhaps something else, every doubt are allowed ... i'll never know.

I didn't sent back my opinion on ebays about herbetrade, my opinion will be neutral as they sent i rapidly, phone works fine but i doubt it's a real original new phone ...
And this is from a Hong Kong seller? I've seen a few of them on eBay at some enticing prices, but I was still a little skeptical.

I'm in the market for a 64GB (Made in Finland) one really soon, and preferably in white, or cyan, or any color if I'm able to replace the housing myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to Roth For This Useful Post:

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge