Notices

Hey Guyz,

Any devs here interested in porting Instagram to the N9? Checkout this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1203854

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by b-rockSA View Post
Hey Guyz,

Any devs here interested in porting Instagram to the N9? Checkout this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1203854
Wow this is sad.

What part of: ''Development Only - No Whining'' don't you understand? I honestly didn't want to post because it should only be about the developer's and some questions but this. C'mon...

I'll just ask a question then.
Will Wazapp have other payments? With that I mean that we have to pay to use Wazapp, maybe once or every year. Otherwise your hard work won't be worth alot

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Ok would someone please explain what this has to do with Wazapp Development? Damn do things have to be so much under the raps that we have to be scared before asking anything? What is the problem with the App right now so that other devs can help????
It's better to be quiet and be patient, honestly the behavior of everyone over this app is destroying tmo.

Either stop or I will stop posting to answer questions about it.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
Today i donated again.

Just because i believe in the community and the project.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BonoNL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Ok would someone please explain what this has to do with Wazapp Development? Damn do things have to be so much under the raps that we have to be scared before asking anything? What is the problem with the App right now so that other devs can help????
Anything the DEVELOPER of Wazapp does is related to development.

Most likely he wants a website where people can get the latest version, check FAQ's and report bugs.. Its not easy to search through a thread to find somebody asking for help especially after how the last thread went!

Other devs are helping, if you had read through this thread you will see that a few including MAG who is one of the key developers for the N900 CSSU and various other things is helping out and is beta testing.

Nobody is scared of asking anything, just depends how silly the question is really.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by b-rockSA View Post
Hey Guyz,

Start a new thread, this isn't the place for your post..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Excellent work on the app. I'm encouraging everyone using N9 to donate.

I think QNeptunia works the same way for push notifications, since I receive mentions as soon as I connect to the internet even when the app is closed. So I think that will be a pretty cool feature. Just wondering how the battery life is affected though. Hopefully it will be fine.

But I have one question which many users are affected with: does the app work with WiFi only or can it work on 3G/2G network as well? PR 1.2 has this issue that the built-in browser and many 3rd party apps work only on WiFi and fail to load anything when you're outside on the road using mobile network instead. There are those terminal commands that fix this issue temporarily, but Opera, Firefox, all chat services and a few other applications work fine on 3G somehow, so I don't know if this is MeeGo's issue or some code each developer has to enter in the app to make it work with 3G. Can you please test it outside WiFi? Since the main idea is to chat with people while outside or travelling, etc.

I also agree with kb61 and others about the UI layout. The one kb61 photoshopped looks perfect for Whatsapp. Of course, if you're able to do such a UI, that would be awesome. There are many designers, me included, who can help with the design. If it's not possible, then it's still fine, the amount of work you guys did makes up for everything really.

Keep up the good work!

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Excellent work on the app. I'm encouraging everyone using N9 to donate.

I think QNeptunia works the same way for push notifications, since I receive mentions as soon as I connect to the internet even when the app is closed. So I think that will be a pretty cool feature. Just wondering how the battery life is affected though. Hopefully it will be fine.

But I have one question which many users are affected with: does the app work with WiFi only or can it work on 3G/2G network as well? PR 1.2 has this issue that the built-in browser and many 3rd party apps work only on WiFi and fail to load anything when you're outside on the road using mobile network instead. There are those terminal commands that fix this issue temporarily, but Opera, Firefox, all chat services and a few other applications work fine on 3G somehow, so I don't know if this is MeeGo's issue or some code each developer has to enter in the app to make it work with 3G. Can you please test it outside WiFi? Since the main idea is to chat with people while outside or travelling, etc.
I've used it on 2g/3g/wifi, they all work.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
Well, seems that the app will take some time to develop before release, so might as well give ideas for improvementes.

This photoshopped GUI seems better IMO than the one on the alpha version we have seen. This one looks like better integrated (looks like FB chat, SMS convos and XMS UI on the N9). Every messaging app should keep the original design to keep the elegancy of MeeGo.

As suggested before, there should be a dark and light theme, this way we can save battery on our devices. I dont know why the MeeGo OS doesnt have this from the box, having a beautiful AMOLED screen, blacks are way better.

Also, it havent been mentioned, but the sound notification should be configurable, or at least integrated with the messaging notification. Shouldnt be like the one on the ebuggy XMS which stops the music when playing the tone.

Originally Posted by kb61 View Post
first of all thx to tgalal for all his work.
but since i do not like the ui shown in the screenshots ive seen, i "photoshopped" my own ui.
im not a developer so i have no idea if this is possible to create, but thats how i would like wazzap to look like...

i guess its not easy to create, so just take it as my own fantasies

Last edited by dcastrog; 2012-05-09 at 21:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcastrog For This Useful Post:
I guess what I am to say is obvious but I thought I should mention it nonetheless; before releasing Wazzap make sure the registration and authentication not only works but functions just like an existing client (i.e. Android) as we do not know how WhatsApp will react to this and it would be better to have a method they find hard to detect than one where every N9 gets banned and access is lost until another Wazzap overhaul or possibly for ever for that IMEI

That being said I am a pro-double theme, dark and light, seems like it could add elegance to the app and make it more versatile.

One last question: Is the core of the app easy to port to a different platform?? I seem to recall it is written in Python so, excluding all the lockscreen integration, vibration and whatnot the core should be pretty N900 friendly no?? Apart from recompiling the registration/authentication part which will be left closed source the rest should be something that takes less effort I would think??

Thank you for your time.

Tags
diapers, high-school