Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ France
I'm very interrested as well, looks like that good ol' Settlers 2 !

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
i vote for this too!

I'd also love to see this on N900

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
This are the Maemo 4 port sources, the way I've got them from linman. Didn't try to compile them. If someone wants to take over, I can hand over the garage project too (its empty).

http://www.bundyo.com/things/widelands_maemo4.tar.bz2
156MB

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
This are the Maemo 4 port sources, the way I've got them from linman. Didn't try to compile them. If someone wants to take over, I can hand over the garage project too (its empty).

http://www.bundyo.com/things/widelands_maemo4.tar.bz2
156MB
I just installed that version (the one compiled and packaged for the n810/n800) on my n900. It needed an additional tweak in form of a symlink from the new version of libsdl_gfx on the n900 to the old one widelands expects. After that widelands started. Although for some reason sound isn't working.

But the game runs, so it shouldn't be too hard to optify it a little bit and to make the sounds work (complains about not finding sound files). We'll see if i find the time to do so ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
--- If this forum is only meant for announcements of WIP projects, please delete this thread ---

Hi ppl, I was wondering if we couldnt get a decently running Settlers 1 or 2 port/clone together for the n900. Did anyone try running settlers 1 on dosbox yet?

Anyhow, with a small zoom-in/zoom-out feature, arrow-keys mapped to camera scrolling and mouse click used for building etc, this should run well natively both performance and graphicswise on this platform.

If a clone would have to be made, I'd love to work on it, but I'm nowhere near capable of pulling this one off, so if any senior devs are settlers fans and want to do this, I'd offer my help. I cant write it from scratch, but as soon as "something" is there I'm sure I could add functionality.

If you think the settlers would be a great game for the n900, please comment so, if you think otherwise, that is also welcome feedback. Not going to spend hours if noone interested

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Widelands, a Settler 2 clone does work...

huh? natively? do you have a build somewhere that i could test?

looks sort of sluggish though with the SDL graphics and custom 2D art

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
k, nvm this thread, then -.-