Notices

You are still using openvpn 2.2.0...
Anyway it seems to be a problem with you certificates.

"Handshake failed." Is very clear. Your key is not correct.

I suggest you to follow some of the openvpn how to for the creation of the certificates and try again...

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
i've tried to replace the openvpn file with the one you provided but i got a "permission denied" error when i tried to run the command in terminal, i tried to chmod x the file to make it excutable but it gave me an error that file does'nt exist, so i switched back to the installed version

i will try to delete the files from the servr and recreate them to see if this helps

So i recreated the files on the server and downloaded them again, using terminal it seems things are working nice, but the applet was still not working, so i added a connection using applet, then went to /etc/openvpn , deleted the files and directly copied the files i got from the server there, now finally everything is working

thank you xes for all your help and time , and everyone else who tried to help

The Following User Says Thank You to ticktock666 For This Useful Post:
openvpn 2.3.2 .... to be tested

Last edited by xes; 2014-01-20 at 15:12.

Changelog?

Originally Posted by xes View Post
openvpn 2.3.2 .... to be tested
Why attachement on some obscure forum thread, instead of extras-devel, which is meant exactly for that? Here you will get 0 to 3 testers at most, while -devel would result in really thorough testing (considering, how many people use openvpn).

Of course, thank you for your work no matter what - not that I'm ungrateful or something - but, it's quite "sad", that such important program sits somewhere hidden, and I stumble upon it by pure luck. It reminds me SDR programs, that are still waiting for their extras-devel debut, despite being confirmed as really working (and doing it nice) by many people

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-01-15 at 20:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
@Estel
openvpn 2.3.2 should be available in extras soon.

About complaints, evaluate just 2 words: free contribution

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Thanks. As for sidenote, I hope I've elaborated myself clear enough - I'm very grateful for what you've done anyway, it's just that effort spent on submitting fruits of your hard work into repos, seems to be negligibly small, compared to gain. At least from my POV, your mileage may wary - I'm not demanding anything, just expressed above without all the sugar-coating in words, which I'm not fan of

cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: