Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
im using lehto's kernel by these procedures.

according to what i read, that OC can be reverted back to stock,

so does this mean the OC is permanent until reverted? I also tried rebooting the device after the OC and still the freq shows 900mhz (i OC'd mine to that freq)
4me lehto's kernel is rock solid.. the oc is permanet until u "apt-get install --reinstall kernel kernel-flasher" Or Flash a new FW. (u can mod pmconfig on lehto's kernel to..)

(u are correct)

The Following User Says Thank You to bigswed For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lehto View Post
I think Im pretty much done with the N900 clocking. The kernels that are currently available will be available and thats it. I've gotten my own phone now pretty well optimized with clockspeeds and voltages and dont really need any reason to tamper with settings anymore. Now Im going to just enjoy the device and do normal things with it.

Lehto, loving your kernels. Still torn myself between the 125-900mhz and the 250-800 ulv kernel. Have run both for a few days.

I know everyone's chips will be a bit different but I an VERY curious what you settled on for your device?

installing wget :

open x-terminal :
root
apt-get install wget

then you can continue with titan's kernel installation

I have my pmconfig configured with 500/810 and the ideal kernel works at those limits, so the 500/850 limit is not hard-coded into it and therefore it will follow numbers from the pmconfig file, but it will run on 500/850 if the pmconfig is set to the default 125/600 setting ??? is this correct ???

I'm one confused bunny :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ticktock666 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
The 500-850-ideal-kernel did not work. So i decided to revert back to the 250-900-lv-kernel.. but hit the "cannot remove '/lib/modules/2.6.28.10maemo-omap1/modules.*" bug. I tried the fix proposed here without luck http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=196

After this the phone just when black when trying to boot it. I flashed it with the flasher-3.5 from the computer. And have now reverted back to the lv-kernel.

I think as i can start up with the ulv/ideal-kernels i have problems with the lower mhz. Because as long as i keep a high mhz and do not let the phone idle it lives. So is it possible to have a kernel that is a bit higher than the ulv/xlv/ideal but lower than the lv-kernel?

The lv starts overvolting at 600 now but i think it would not be needed until 850-900mhz. As i could run at the speed of 900mhz (i think) while on the ulv and idle-kernels but then it died on the lower mhz. Also.. it seamed to last longer when i had the 500-800-ideal settings.
I think yesterdays fix/update of the xlv-kernel fixed my problems with it. It is now running with what it seams no problems. Thanks a lot Titan!

hi i tried apt-get install wget
not working.. anyone has solution??thanks

Temporary failure resolving 'repository.maemo.org'
Err http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free wget 1.10.2-2osso3
Temporary failure resolving 'repository.maemo.org'
Failed to fetch http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...sso3_armel.deb Temporary failure resolving 'repository.maemo.org'
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Originally Posted by ticktock666 View Post
installing wget :

open x-terminal :
root
apt-get install wget

then you can continue with titan's kernel installation

I have my pmconfig configured with 500/810 and the ideal kernel works at those limits, so the 500/850 limit is not hard-coded into it and therefore it will follow numbers from the pmconfig file, but it will run on 500/850 if the pmconfig is set to the default 125/600 setting ??? is this correct ???

I'm one confused bunny :/
i believe so, btw has titan updated his xlv ideal packages? the 1st one's i dled yesterday (after he said no more changes were going to be made)i have different hashes fr the one's i re-dled today ...

Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
hi i tried apt-get install wget
not working.. anyone has solution??thanks
the other manual way of doing it is dl all 3 files to a directory on your phone

then as root, navigate to directory and

dpkg -i kernel-m*
dpkg -i kernel-f*
halt

The Following User Says Thank You to sierrafoxtrot For This Useful Post:
wget is something you paste on xterminal

wget http:\\titans-kernerl.org/example.iso which downloads the file and puts in home/user/

not sure if there is a app but its not needed

The Following User Says Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by bigswed View Post
4me lehto's kernel is rock solid.. the oc is permanet until u "apt-get install --reinstall kernel kernel-flasher" Or Flash a new FW. (u can mod pmconfig on lehto's kernel to..)

(u are correct)
for 2 days of experimenting, i can say Lehto's are okay. before i ran to an OC and flash the n900, i searched and observed this thread and blogs on the web.

from 600mhz, i OC to 800-900mhz, so far everything is okay, and i can see no problems so far without any edits via x-term.

as per the stuttering case, i am experiencing it since i got my n900 (due to multi-tasking while any media is playing) but not really a big deal for me, and i believe, in my case, this is normal.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
wget is something you paste on xterminal

wget http:\\titans-kernerl.org/example.iso which downloads the file and puts in home/user/

not sure if there is a app but its not needed
so its like........copy paste? instead of read n' type?

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom