I bought a new N900 from the US, but I noticed that it came with WH -101 headphones, and not the usual WH-701 headphones.

The phone was manufactured 2009 sometime (it says NokiaCare ends 18/03/11).

Does anyone know if the N900, USA version, ever came with the WH-101 headphones?

Should I be concerned I have not got a genuine N900? (IMEI number according to Nokia UK is genuine).

The Following User Says Thank You to Maeman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
hey.. not sure about the head phones.. but you can spot a Chinese refurbish one.. the IMEI can't be read and usb cable is cheap looking and no tv cable.

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
The N900 should come with WH-205 headphones (my first one from the initial UK release did).

Recently I lost my phone after almost 3 years of loyal service, and after not showing up at police lost property or the bus company's lost and found I gave up and bought a new one on ebay.

This one definitely has unofficial looking/feeling accessories. It came with WH-102 headphones, which have horrible hard earpieces, a somewhat lighter mains charger with a different quality of rubber on the cable, and a similarly poorer quality USB cable (and no video cable).

The cables and accessories are all Nokia branded and look the part, but the overall quality is somewhat less than my 3 year old counterparts.

The other interesting thing is the keyboard backlight has a very distinct yellow tinge on this one, which I don't remember from my original, and it had a couple of odd games installed from the repository (Quake2 for example, not the Bounce game)

Other than this the phone itself seems exactly the same, and behaves properly.

The IMEI number is displayed in the system info, but I don't know how to check it's genuine, did you email then Maeman?

The Following User Says Thank You to mm0zct For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by mm0zct View Post
The IMEI number is displayed in the system info, but I don't know how to check it's genuine, did you email then Maeman?
If your phone flashes successfully, it most probably is a genuine but refurbished unit...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mm0zct View Post

I phoned Nokia and asked them to run the IMEI and they said it was genuine. I still don't know why my headphones were different, Nokia could not tell me. Not sure if it was a different batch or something like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maeman For This Useful Post: