Notices

Latest OS2008 for N800

I installed Canola on a fresh 2008 install, it installed fine, i check the box for my music folder. When I went into the menu to play some music, it didnt work.

Later, i ran Canola2-Cleanup, resintalled Canola, and I have the same issue. Whats goin on?

Nokia's built-in media player works.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Steel,

did you check the 3 items (the V in the eye) on the settings -> media library -> Audio ?
If you did so, canola must find even more than the media player now, but if not founding then something is missing on Canola (the scanner)

Can you double check this procedure ?

Where is your file located?

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
[QUOTE=handful;148263]Hi Steel,

did you check the 3 items (the V in the eye) on the settings -> media library -> Audio ?
If you did so, canola must find even more than the media player now, but if not founding then something is missing on Canola (the scanner)

Can you double check this procedure ?

Where is your file located?

I was glad to learn of the updates upon returning home from a hospital stay. But alas, none of the updates fixed my problem. Canola sees all media in my dot directories of my home directory. And all media in /mmc1. Canola does not see any media ln /mmc2. I'm using OS 2006 on my 770.

I hope someone can help me. BTW, I have no problems with /mmc2 and MediaBox or AudioManager.

Thaibill

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Thaibill,

Can you do the following? remove the whole canola database, start canola again, go into settings setting up the folders again, and see if it helps?

If not, I will ask some of the guys to see how can we debug the scanner to see what's happening, maybe you have a situation that in Canola breaks the scanner and prevent's it from seeing your files.

But we do have problems with the 770, because it doesn't implement some of the features needed by canola, that can be the problem, and that's why you won't have problems with mediabox etc...

Br

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
thaibill,

Do you have two Memory Cards mounted in your 770 ?
LightMediaScanner don't scan unmounted mounting points (/media/mmc1, /media/mmc2)

Steelmaverick here.

i have two sd cards, music is on /mmc2/music, when i check all three it finds sounds on the internal memory but not the cards..

bump? I really wanna get this fixed, i like my music lol.

steelmaverick,

Please give us more information:

What device do you have? (N800/N810)
What firmware do you use ? (OS2007/OS2008)
What version of Canola?
Do you have Canola-Cleanup ?

Originally Posted by chenca View Post
steelmaverick,

Please give us more information:

What device do you have? (N800/N810)
What firmware do you use ? (OS2007/OS2008)
What version of Canola?
Do you have Canola-Cleanup ?
N800
Latest OS2008
Canola Beta5
I used Canola-Cleanup, resintalled Canola, same problem.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
Originally Posted by handful View Post
Hi Thaibill,

Can you do the following? remove the whole canola database, start canola again, go into settings setting up the folders again, and see if it helps?

If not, I will ask some of the guys to see how can we debug the scanner to see what's happening, maybe you have a situation that in Canola breaks the scanner and prevent's it from seeing your files.

But we do have problems with the 770, because it doesn't implement some of the features needed by canola, that can be the problem, and that's why you won't have problems with mediabox etc...

Br

Marcelo
Marcelo,

Removing the Canola database didn't help.

Thaibill