Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
just been to a t-mobile uk shop and the guy said it doesn't sell well (the 800).
Let's see when real sales figures are availlable (if ever), but I see more adds than actual phones in the hands of people.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
I must admit that lumia 800 is pretty awesome. Shame that maemo just don't have "the ecosystem", I'd prefer my N950 loan device because of the swipe if it would have access to my Xbox live, office documents etc with such ease that WP 7.5 provides.

It is still shame that this device shares model number with N800 (mine still working fine btw)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to liao22 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
I must admit that lumia 800 is pretty awesome. Shame that maemo just don't have "the ecosystem", I'd prefer my N950 loan device because of the swipe if it would have access to my Xbox live, office documents etc with such ease that WP 7.5 provides.

It is still shame that this device shares model number with N800 (mine still working fine btw)
It's ok, men but not for that prize. I just bought a omnia w. Half prize to lumia 800. The nokia phone have only 500 more ram. other than that it's the same or omnia w is better. you have to be pretty strange to buy lumia 800

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Here's a tech journalist, presumably fairly widely read, who is not a fan of the Lumia 800 a month after using it as his daily driver.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I've used Lumia now for about week. Not as my main phone as I don't have a Sim for it yet. But as a quick verdict: it's nice. Vet smooth. But it's boring. Compared to harmattan, which is exciting to use, it's just boring. Some of the apps are very nice and the metro interface has good things in it.

I will try using it as my main phone for few weeks, maybe I can give a more refined opinion then.

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
It's ok, men but not for that prize. I just bought a omnia w. Half prize to lumia 800. The nokia phone have only 500 more ram. other than that it's the same or omnia w is better. you have to be pretty strange to buy lumia 800
a small hint: I am from Finland. Only instance selling lumias in Finland has been some company who have gray-imported some kind of batch of devices, my device isn't from them....

but still your omnia is damn poor without nokia drive and maps. and this is bad for omnia: it looks just like nokia N70,
it might look like this after an year or two
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
But it's boring. Compared to harmattan, which is exciting to use, it's just boring
exactly! that is sometimes just nice. I prefer atm onenote + skydrive over contributing to conboy for harmattan git in order to make it good enough for daily use + writing scripts to sync conboy files to my shell....
Google Custom Search

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
exactly! that is sometimes just nice. I prefer atm onenote + skydrive over contributing to conboy for harmattan git in order to make it good enough for daily use + writing scripts to sync conboy files to my shell....
That is almost always nice for me, in the context you're describing it, because I don't have time to tinker much with my devices to get them to work as I want them.

But that's not what I meant with boring. I meant the basic operating system. Harmattan is a joy to use with swiping, feeds view, multi-tasking etc. Instead WP7 is to me quite boring, and the workflow is kind of linear. I got none of the excitement I got when I started using Harmattan.

I didn't mean there isn't many things in WP7 that I find better than in Harmattan. But it's mainly just some apps that are more nice or more feature complete. Regardless of individual applications, I find using the OS a drag compared to Harmattan. Trying to multi-task and switching between applications is such a frustrating experience, and that's what I do a lot with my phone.