Originally Posted by patlak View Post
So..........if everyone jumps off of a bridge, will YOU?
I have some pretty smart friends. If they were all jumping from a bridge, there would have to be a pretty good reason for it. I dare say, if they were jumping with enough urgency then I too would jump without rationalising why.

Last edited by vi_; 2013-09-27 at 14:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ under the sky
i can swallow the 1GB ram, though 2GB ram should be the norm. by the time this mobile goes public. 2GB will be common and 1GB will be for mid range devices.

but the reason i wont buy this device, is the screen resolution. 1080p should be the standard from on forward. those specs are just from 2 years ago. Their UI is also aged now. took them ages and they are just behind in the competition now.

The Following User Says Thank You to TDSii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by TDSii View Post
i can swallow the 1GB ram, though 2GB ram should be the norm. by the time this mobile goes public. 2GB will be common and 1GB will be for mid range devices.

but the reason i wont buy this device, is the screen resolution. 1080p should be the standard from on forward. those specs are just from 2 years ago. Their UI is also aged now. took them ages and they are just behind in the competition now.
Good for you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
I don't know about you but I've lost all my interest arguing in this thread. Matters of taste will keep being so. Display res is one of them.

1 gb ram, we really don't know if that'll be enough even for heavy use. Remember Jolla will use their own custom made application compatability layer (source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspen...e-google-play/). Will that affect the ram usage either way? In the end, we'll never know until we've tried it ourselves (or read a second-hand review).

Price, it depends what you want from a phone, and thus being a matter of taste too. SailfishOS, TOH possibilities, NSA free, from a Finnish company, all are different reasons for different folks who find the phone worth the cash. Numerable reasons for not buying it exist too, it just depends what you want from a phone (of this price, if that matters to you).

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by TDSii View Post
Exacly what Jolla has said already so whats the problem then???

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
BLAA BLLAA BLAAAA miimiimiimiiii

Whats the Problem Guys ?

it cost 399 € incl..Shipping !!!! NO 650€ excl. Shipping !!!!

Jolla said over 5 month ago, that the phone is a MIDDLE !!!! range ... and all flame that the phone cost to much .... KIDS... there dont produce Million Devices !!!! Its a small firm!!

if you all dont like the phone, than go home and buy a android Phone or spyPhone ... of course.... you need 2GB RAM and Quad Octa and more... because its a f**king OS what takes to much ressource.... (Android)

PLEASE STOP FLAMMING !!! Buy it or not.... or wait for a port for you android device!

sorry for my english .....

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
You know after all these talk downs... Jolla is going to get an Android dualboot option much ado N900 and N9.

Its also going to suffer the same fate

I'm flattered

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
You know after all these talk downs... Jolla is going to get an Android dualboot option much ado N900 and N9.

Its also going to suffer the same fate
Erm, why? I can understand hackers wanting to do it because they can, but with the ability to install Android apps, there is no need to dual boot.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
That's the irony.

I'm flattered

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
That's the irony.
No irony really. Folks just want to really do whatever they feel with the hardware they've purchased.

Before, it was "Does it run Doom?" which changed to "Does it run Quake?" which changed to "Does it run Linux?" which changed to "Does it run Android/Cynaogenmod?"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: