Active Topics

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
Here're some videos that give the n900 some credit. Best phone money can buy atm!

Finally someone from Nokia praising the n900! They should let Peter do all the marketing.
Great videos, thanks!

Only you and everybody here should be a little more careful with nomenclature. The N900 is not a phone, it's a “mobile computer” that happens to make calls!...

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
The N900 is not yet a suitable enough platform for enterprise applications until it can be proven that not only does it play with corporate admin systems well (backup, recovery, custom applications), but also that in making it an option that sufficient resources can be given to it and any other mobile device that such an enterprise would support.

Beyond that, those same enterprises would have to engage some serious revamping of their information policies, mobile user policies, and talk with their insurance providers towards implications of users with said data in such an open means.

I'm as much a fan of using the N900 and any mobile in enterprise as anyone (I do now with my N97), but until you can answer all of those issues, the "replace BBs in enterprise" stuff should not enter this conversation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
new video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvdIw...eature=channel
i dont think the answers he gives on this video will be liked by developers hoping to make money selling there application, i also think this will stop people wanting to make premium games too.
no paid conent coming anytime soon in ovi store and he talks about adding DRM in future but i already know lot of people are against DRM
a device having DRM or not will make no difference what so ever to content being cracked, so i dont see any bennefits of waiting for DRM to be added or even being added at all
nokia music store is going to stasrt rolling out DRM free by end of the year so the music purchasing will be possible if nokia make a music store app

Last edited by NvyUs; 2009-09-08 at 20:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
And an other one, about more Maemo devices:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgZFqu9JuCY

So probably a bigger screen without a keyboard? What do you guys think?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColdFusion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
And an other one, about more Maemo devices:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgZFqu9JuCY

So probably a bigger screen without a keyboard? What do you guys think?
I watched that one too and i was thinking exactly the same as you.
but I saw another interview yesterday cant remember which video or where as i watch so many but they said Maemo 5 wont be used for devices with screens above roughly 4 inch's so i would not expect something too big

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
new video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvdIw...eature=channel
i dont think the answers he gives on this video will be liked by developers hoping to make money selling there application, i also think this will stop people wanting to make premium games too.
no paid conent coming anytime soon in ovi store and he talks about adding DRM in future but i already know lot of people are against DRM
a device having DRM or not will make no difference what so ever to content being cracked, so i dont see any bennefits of waiting for DRM to be added or even being added at all
nokia music store is going to stasrt rolling out DRM free by end of the year so the music purchasing will be possible if nokia make a music store app
Actually he says that OVI store will work like for any other nokia phone. So if you want to sell your app there you can do that as soon the n900 is launched. You don't have to wait for anything.
He only says that there's no DRM, because it's pointless anyway and can be cracked in an hour by russian hackers.

The Following User Says Thank You to ColdFusion For This Useful Post:
I watched that one too and i was thinking exactly the same as you.
but I saw another interview yesterday cant remember which video or where as i watch so many but they said Maemo 5 wont be used for devices with screens above roughly 4 inch's so i would not expect something too big
With bigger I mean 4"-ish. They still have to fit in your pocket. So it'll be like a n800 revised.

if u listen from 1minute he says we cant charge people for music, and they cant charge people on ovi for apps b/c no drm it will just get cracked then he says they will open ovi store for free content then in future releases will look at DRM technology

if u listen from 1minute he says we cant charge people for music, and they cant charge people on ovi for apps b/c no drm it will just get cracked then he says they will open ovi store for free content then in future releases will look at DRM technology
Ah yes, you're right. But he said that so quietly and fast that I didn't catch it.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Caribbean
I'm constantly amazed at Nokia's perception of marketing.