Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
- i can search videos over the app and it plays
- i can search videos over webbrowser, copy link, past in LLs player and its open, too.

i remember for few weeks ago that i cant open some videos (copy/past). But now its works. maybe is the code from youtube now better

NielDK release LAME for Sailfish:
https://openrepos.net/content/nieldk/lame
is it possible to convert now the download Videos to Mp3 in different bitrats or vbr? I wich this function month ago
Good will be if the video will download, convert to mp3 and delete automaticly the video file

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I've been using this brilliant app to monitor video from a cctv camera I'm working on, via wifi and via 4G

It would be really useful if it were possible to adjust the buffering settings to reduce latency? (We have h.264/mpeg4/MJPEG streams, but so far I've only used it with h.264)

The Following User Says Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Update:
Version 0.6 is out now: Get it from Openrepos.net

Mainly fixes the 1.1.0.38 OS Update issue which made the file browser useless. LLsVPlayer now uses the native Sailfish Video Picker for the "Browser Files" Page.
If you still want to have a file browser(with the ability to browse through folders and remove files) and still are on OS 1.0.X don't upgrade.!

Also a settings page was introduced to configure subtitle colors and font size. A new addition is also the possibility to prefer direct youtube urls instead of using the ytapi.com website (this might be a good option if ytapi.com is down or having too much requests)

Have fun.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Mainly fixes the 1.1.0.38 OS Update issue which made the file browser useless. LLsVPlayer now uses the native Sailfish Video Picker for the "Browser Files" Page.
If you still want to have a file browser(with the ability to browse through folders and remove files) and still are on OS 1.0.X don't upgrade.!
Do you have a long-term plan to bring the file browser back at some point in the future, however distant? I absent-mindedly approved the upgrade when offended and now I got the lame stock video picker with most of the thumbnails empty with just "thumbnail cannot be displayed" in it. Even those thumbnails that are displayed are useless since I have clusters of 20-40 identical ones (episodes of the same series) and no file names. But even if all that were not an issue, the picker is STILL useless for one single reason: it does not understand directories. Throwing 400+ thumbnails in one large basket (that moreover forces the dreadful portrait orientation) must have been a work of a real genius.

One can say tbat it was my fault for upgrading despite having been warned and indeed it is, and yes I know how to revert it back, but I suppose I will have to upgrade sooner or later anyway.

So, is there at least a glimmer of hope to get some useful file browser back? Pretty please?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
So, is there at least a glimmer of hope to get some useful file browser back? Pretty please?
Yeah of course I have a file browser on the roadmap. Iam just waiting for the next SailfishOS Update to see if it will bring back cute-js so that the old one will work again or if I have to reimplement a new one.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Update: Version 0.7 is out now.

I noticed the cute-js api changed and adapted to it for the fileman to work again. Though sadly some operations in cute-js and especially the one to list files and folders seems to be broken for now.
I coded around and hacked some stuff around it to use Qt.labs.folderlistModel to list the files in fileman.
Honestly the code for fileman is now messy as hell but seems to work. Though its a little bit slower as the older version.

Therefore I wrote a clean new simple file open dialog (also based on folderlistmodel) which is lightning fast.
The video gallery open dialog is also available still which means you can now choose in the settings which browse file dialogs to use.
By default the advanced file manager option is used (like in versions before 0.6)

Changelog
  • Adapt fileman to new cute-js api
  • Fixed fileman (nasty hack to list files with folderlistmodel)
  • Added a simple File Open Dialog Browser (based on folderlistmodel)
  • Added setting to choose Browse File Dialog (default: Advanced File Manager, Simple File Manager, Video Gallery)

Happy downloading

Get LLs Video Player

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Small update 0.7-2 as there was an issue with the settings database (multiple entry settings were possible and could cause issues)

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
And some new fixes in 0.7-3
  • Fixed saving of browse dialog when not changed in settings
  • Fixed Youtube downloader choose quality
  • Fixed direct youtube stream title fetching

Most important if you set "use direct Youtube url" download button is back on long press on the loaded video and video title should be fetched correctly now.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
When is video playing in the active cover coming?
Thanks for this awesome player by the way.

The Following User Says Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post:
The last time I checked it was not possible to do this as video rendering can only be done full screen with the api provided.
I did not check the update 9 qt 5.2 stuff yet. Maybe that will have a fix for it to make it work. However it will take its time since update 9 is only optin and the LLs VideoPlayer should also work with the current stable update 8

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post: