Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
I've had a N9 for a few years, but the virtual keyboard makes me go crazy on a regular basis, and so I've been much interested in the Neo900 (for which I donated and that I have a hard time waiting for) even though I had never touched or seen a N900 up-close.

I've got myself one some weeks ago, to get the feel of it.
The contacts were easy to move over, but the messages... not so much.

There is already a few applications and/or methods for transferring SMS from N900 to N9, Jolla, and whatnot, but has anyone worked out a way to copy the SMS from the N9 to the N900 (in the proper order, as it seems to be a common issue) ?

The Following User Says Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by British View Post
There is already a few applications and/or methods for transferring SMS from N900 to N9, Jolla, and whatnot, but has anyone worked out a way to copy the SMS from the N9 to the N900 (in the proper order, as it seems to be a common issue) ?
Try this one and tell what's the problem with it: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37354

Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
I had indeed noticed that thread, back when I was (more) actively trying to find a solution.

I didn't want to install crappy programs to do the export then, but since I had my back against the wall, I gave in.
It only confirmed what I already knew: it's crap.

I can backup my phone(s) for sure, but the option to export messages is greyed, no matter what (administrator rights didn't help either).
That's with Nokia PC Suite 7.1 and Nokia Suite 3.5.

So that thread might be useful, but I have nothing to import...

Back to square one.

Tags
fremantle sms, harmattan sms, sms export, sms import