Notices

Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
hi,

thank you both!

jcharpak, I will try that, but my goal isn't espeak itself but to have voice navigation with the maps application, so even your "hack" works, I'm not sure if that solves the map problem. Thanks, anyway, I will do try that.

pichlo, yes, I thought that too, but hoped v46 shall work. I use v46 because of pwnphone image, if I upgrade I will loose some capabilities. I think I shall think things through; I'm just playing with voice navigation, no essential... (: Maybe an older version of espeak would solve the problem...?

Thanks,

jm

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
pwnphone works fine with latest kp 52 I used it for a while, but many apps are not up to date, so I ended up with my own builds of the apps I used most

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
pwnphone works fine with latest kp 52 I used it for a while, but many apps are not up to date, so I ended up with my own builds of the apps I used most
thanks, nieldk!

I will try that (pwnphone installation doc said: "Known Issues: If you enable the extras-devel repository in the app manager do NOT update the kernel power flasher or you will loose injection capabilities!") - of course I won't enable extras-devel... (:

I installed pwn just a few weaks ago and I'm just playing now. I need time to discover; and time is that I don't have much... (: Also I'm not a linux expert, maybe some day I will be able to build packages on my own (:

thanks!

jm

Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
thanks, nieldk!

I will try that (pwnphone installation doc said: "Known Issues: If you enable the extras-devel repository in the app manager do NOT update the kernel power flasher or you will loose injection capabilities!") - of course I won't enable extras-devel... (:

I installed pwn just a few weaks ago and I'm just playing now. I need time to discover; and time is that I don't have much... (: Also I'm not a linux expert, maybe some day I will be able to build packages on my own (:

thanks!

jm

Just be picky with the updates. Only update KP

Just be picky with the updates. Only update KP
OK, thanks (:
But now I should ask what to update exactly... (:
I have the followings in HAM (related to kernel power):
- Enhanced Linux kernel for power users
- Enhanced Linux kernel for power users (settings)
- Linux kernel for BFS user (boot image)

thanks,

jm

those are good to install

those are good to install
OK, thank you very much! (:

(sorry for bothering you with that, but I had to flash my device a few time and lost datas because I wasn't cautious enough... (

jm

Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
thanks, nieldk!

I will try that (pwnphone installation doc said: "Known Issues: If you enable the extras-devel repository in the app manager do NOT update the kernel power flasher or you will loose injection capabilities!")
"pwnphone" is wrong - more recent KP's have injection capabilities build-in). BTW, it's also quite useless anyway as you can install and use *all* pentesting tools on normal Maemo. "pwnphone" is nothing else as pre-defined, severely outdated pack of those tools.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
"pwnphone" is wrong - more recent KP's have injection capabilities build-in). BTW, it's also quite useless anyway as you can install and use *all* pentesting tools on normal Maemo. "pwnphone" is nothing else as pre-defined, severely outdated pack of those tools.

/Estel
very true, except for some predefined layouts and icons it doesnt add to what is available on maemo repos.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post

/Estel
You are right, Estel; I read your opinion about this earlier as someone asked for help installing pwn. I just wanted to try it out as I'm just learning. Of course maybe it would be better to learn with the newest apps... (:
I have easy ubuntu as well, these apps can be installed on that too, but first I want to know how these things work, then - as nieldk mentioned before - maybe I will end up using my own builds (((:

Anyway, pentest is working for me now, more precisely it is enough for me. Thanks for the corrections and advices!

jm

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post: