I was up really late "one morning", and still needed to configure my SIP client. I have an 9 year old laptop that takes forever just to boot, but figured I had to use it if I wanted to "lay down", while setting up the 900. Then I remembered, I could do everything on the 900:

- Configure trunk in one web page
- Configure SIP account in another
- Check email for login credentials, for the newly created accounts, and then copy/paste credentials
- Manage my home router(s) via another web page to make WiFi adjustments
- Configure/test SIP client on the phone itself
- Have instance of Google open, in yet another web page, for finding instructions/troubleshooting
- Have Skype running to make test calls "to"
- .....and yes, all while listening to music

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to colnago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Korpiklaani!

That looks very much like my "multimedia" desktop, except I have the fm transmitter widget there too .. and a Finntroll background image

What is the top left icon in the status area, or whatever you call it?
In order from left to right:

- Top line: Internet GPRS connection, Skype, GPS, Wlan Disabled
- Bottom line: Ovi Share sharing, Bluetooth, Stereo Headset plugged in, cpu and ram load monitoring

Nice to find another Korpiklaani fan!

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Yeah, I've never bought this theory that people don't want multi-tasking.

Really? So, if you offered people the chance to listen to music, read their favourite website while having Skype on in the background in case anyone wants to contact them, they would say 'no'? C'mon.

People who dont want multitasking only say that coz there device dont multitask, if you tried to sell them a full desktop computer with no multitasking they would tell you to fook off, multitasking is a must, even if you just want web with msn etc in the background, its a must have, i could not live with no multitasking on my device, i use my n900 (and s60 devices) to do what i would on my pc so i wouldnt need to keep using my desktop machine, from maintaining my site, to having a good old chat via skype/msn to get latest news to put up on the net etc, people who say "i dont need multitasking" deserve the iphone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biggzy For This Useful Post:
You don't know you need it, untill you use it. Just like cellphones

Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
You don't know you need it, untill you use it. Just like cellphones
Then once you use it, you never want to lose it lol

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
lets just say that n900 is a big leap with multitasking. e71 was already decent, n900 is extraordinary. Yes, I could live without it but don't want anymore.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
People who dont want multitasking only say that coz there device dont multitask, if you tried to sell them a full desktop computer with no multitasking they would tell you to fook off, multitasking is a must, even if you just want web with msn etc in the background, its a must have, i could not live with no multitasking on my device, i use my n900 (and s60 devices) to do what i would on my pc so i wouldnt need to keep using my desktop machine, from maintaining my site, to having a good old chat via skype/msn to get latest news to put up on the net etc, people who say "i dont need multitasking" deserve the iphone.
And apple are trying to sell a 9.7" tablet computer without multitasking and no flash support . how could they call it a "computer" ? It's a itouch for Navi people . And Navi people don't like it because they have their own system of cummunication with their hair

Last edited by soleil; 2010-02-05 at 08:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to soleil For This Useful Post:
ahh...kudos to you...
we love our n900s.....!!!!

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Here's one awesome demo to show your friends the power of N900.

Start playing a full xvid video using mplayer. (via SiB or kmplayer)
Then go to the task manager (ctrl+backspace).
You can see that the video remains playing in the background!!
Now while the video is running, browse the web, twitter etc.
Then go back to the video which is sill playing. =)
Ok. Thatīs just stupid :| You miss video? And there is reason why you cant put it background from UIs button. The overlay of video can be seen on black parts of you background or menus.