Active Topics

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
In order to make the testing process a bit more transparent, be able to spot recurring problems and deal with tester-developer relation issues in time, I took the liberty to create a list called 'testingsquad-comments', which to the package interface will automatically submit all comments made on the package testing pages (interface code courtesy of Niels/X-Fade). Hopefully this way it will be also easier to show new testers just how the whole thing looks like. Note that
this is a one-way thing - do NOT reply to messages directly as they will NOT make it back to the package pages (instead, click on the page link and comment there if you have something to add).

https://garage.maemo.org/mailman/lis...squad-comments

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Thank you very much! It's great idea - Especially while getting emails for responses made by the commenter itself does not work as described here.

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
I was kinda hoping I would see more response here, but apparently, a whole lot of people just want moar apps but are not that keen on taking part in the community testing process It seems we (I) will have to do a campaign to rally people again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I applied for the mail list.. but am not sure exactly what it is. But i am sure it is good

You'll see all sorts of fun chatter between app authors and testers Hopefully it will also help get people interested in testing apps and increase extras-testing throughput (those apps aren't THAT bad and reflashing once in a while is healthy, just like on Windows ).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:

Tags
extras qa, testing squad, wikify