Notices

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by saxen View Post
maybe restore old status, instead of clear it, would be better(or choose between these behaviors)
In which case, should I restore status per account, as each account can have a different status message, so it's a bit more complicated to restore it. Not to mention, does it really matter? I can't see anyone really caring if it just clears it

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Madrid
Does the application poll the status of the Player, or is it executed by the player on song change? (just wondering about its power consumption, the event version would be way leaner)

Originally Posted by amorek13 View Post
it does not show up in my settings?
Are you sure? It should be at the bottom in the 'General' section.

Originally Posted by Larzan View Post
Does the application poll the status of the Player, or is it executed by the player on song change? (just wondering about its power consumption, the event version would be way leaner)
It waits for dbus signals notifying a transition of song and the availability of meta data. The source is in /opt/rx/media-im-status-updater/ if you want to have a look

Also, I've been using it myself for the past few days, forcing my handset to use 2G when I'm not actively using the internet as it's the best way to keep IM accounts from draining the battery, which should be the real concern

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
it only shows up in status area if name of the song and artist is known, it only name of the song is present it does not show, also when listening to internet radio it does not pull info that media player is displaying

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Italy
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
In which case, should I restore status per account, as each account can have a different status message, so it's a bit more complicated to restore it. Not to mention, does it really matter? I can't see anyone really caring if it just clears it
i really care about! i use always the same signature(actually people don't use them as status) in skype and msn, so restore would be better!

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
What tag information can we show with the app, %t for title track and %a for artist? there is a code for album name or more?
Also i noticed that with this application, skipping tracks very quickly forces my msn account to reset and restart (i'm using pecan and it says "unable to connect to one or more accounts" or whatever, i have my N900 in spanish )
Anyway, it's a long-waited app, thanks a lot!

Last edited by Hariainm; 2010-06-06 at 05:11.

Originally Posted by amorek13 View Post
it only shows up in status area if name of the song and artist is known, it only name of the song is present it does not show, also when listening to internet radio it does not pull info that media player is displaying
Yes, currently both track and artist info is require for it to trigger an update, this is possibly also what is making it not work with internet radio. I'll look into getting that to work in the 0.2 release I'm working on.

Originally Posted by saxen View Post
i really care about! i use always the same signature(actually people don't use them as status) in skype and msn, so restore would be better!
Well, I'll keep that in mind. I'll think about it and I might add that to the next release, currently I've made it just clear for now, though this could change before 0.2

Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
What tag information can we show with the app, %t for title track and %a for artist? there is a code for album name or more?
Also i noticed that with this application, skipping tracks very quickly forces my msn account to reset and restart (i'm using pecan and it says "unable to connect to one or more accounts" or whatever, i have my N900 in spanish )
Anyway, it's a long-waited app, thanks a lot!
Currently only track and artist are available, if people can decide what other information they want I'll probably add it to the release after the next one.

Yeah, quickly skipping, though I didn't see it break anything has always been a concern and I am fixing that, as it's also related to the app only updating if it gets both the track and artist.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post: