That was a great video and I am impressed with how well this system handles both browsing and multi tasking.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Bronx, New York
That's a good vid it performed well over 3g connection they were using as well....

Right thats it! I'am gonna get me an N900! LOL

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ São Paulo (Brazil)
Interesting video.

As usual, I'm concerned with performance. Scrolling normal sites appears to be fine (but worse than iPhone), but some Flash content is specially slow.

Youtube seems to stutter a bit and the game they showed seems like a slideshow. Not sure though as I've never played that one.

It seems like many people here think it's fast. I don't.

The Youtube videos performance could probably be solved by playing them in the media player (VLC anyone?). Flash in Linux is painfully slow (even on my desktop).

I've read someone saying that "Flash in Linux is not a feature, it's a bug". Unfortunatelly that is quite correct .

PS: Despite all problems I still want one.

Originally Posted by NicolasF View Post
Interesting video.

As usual, I'm concerned with performance. Scrolling normal sites appears to be fine (but worse than iPhone), but some Flash content is specially slow.

Youtube seems to stutter a bit and the game they showed seems like a slideshow. Not sure though as I've never played that one.

It seems like many people here think it's fast. I don't.

The Youtube videos performance could probably be solved by playing them in the media player (VLC anyone?). Flash in Linux is painfully slow (even on my desktop).

I've read someone saying that "Flash in Linux is not a feature, it's a bug". Unfortunatelly that is quite correct .

PS: Despite all problems I still want one.
Are you on crack?

The youtube vid he played was a HD vid and played damn near better than my laptop does.

The flash game was a tower defense game and looked to be shooting at correct speed and crawlers moving just fine.

I was blown away that it worked as well as it did especially over 3g.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Are you on crack?

The youtube vid he played was a HD vid and played damn near better than my laptop does.

The flash game was a tower defense game and looked to be shooting at correct speed and crawlers moving just fine.

I was blown away that it worked as well as it did especially over 3g.
I really hope you're right and I'm wrong, but it's not what I have seen on this video and others, and anyone that uses Flash in Linux knows that it is poorly implementated.

But as I've said I still want a N900, and still trying to find out how can I buy one, as I live in Brazil.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I can only see HD written in the title but the player still miss HD button as you usually see on HD youtube videos. This doesn't really count as playing HD video from youtube right ?
Attached Images

Last edited by Kozzi; 2009-10-05 at 19:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
I can only see HD written in the title but the player still miss HD button as you usually see on HD youtube videos. This doesn't really count as playing HD video from youtube right ?
Yes. It's not real HD as far as I can tell. On my PC some videos have larger size (like the one shown), which is heavier and has better quality, but it's not HD.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M11SvDtPBhA

this is the video in the video (that sounds weird)

so...... why isnt the hd button in the browser of the n900?

Originally Posted by r0eladn View Post
so...... why isnt the hd button in the browser of the n900?
I doubt it would handle it. My Acer Aspire One won't (at least with Linpus Linux). It's an Intel Atom 1.6GHz. Probably faster than the Cortex used in N900 (not by much).