Notices

Originally Posted by eciraje View Post
Where i can find the enhanced kerne
Here you have kernel and settings. I think if you select to install kernel, it will also automatically install settings.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
I've got a strange problem.
I'm tring to use MobileHotSpot to connect my laptop to the net via 3G but when I start the connection in MobileHotSpot it says its using orange internet but if I bring up the status menu it shows that I'm connected to MMS.

I have fmms installed but my access point is called orangemms and in MobileHotSpot under connection only orange internet is visable, no mention of any mms connection.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
If I change the wireless connection to orange internet once mobilehotspot is connected I can browse using n900 and connect to it using laptop but still cant browse the net on the laptop.

Is the only way to solve this to uninstall fmms (which I use regularly)?

I dont think this works with the 9.99 t-mobile internet option does it? or am i having bad luck? i know normal(wired theathering wont work)

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I get the following error when I start Mobilehotspot:

Code:
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.85:/com/Nokia/icd2: dbus.exceptions.DBus.Exception: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Unsupported interface or method
Anyone has an idea what it could mean?

Last edited by Crogge; 2010-09-30 at 17:32.

Can some one possably help with this related thread?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=mobilehotspot

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Ok so i stumbled accross this thread because Mobile Hotspot failed to start. And thanks to kolos' guide, that works. The problem now is that I can't connect my Nokia N8 and Nokia E52 to my mobile. They both find the network, they connect but the web browser remains blank.. Any solution to this? Thanks

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
I've got a strange problem.
I'm tring to use MobileHotSpot to connect my laptop to the net via 3G but when I start the connection in MobileHotSpot it says its using orange internet but if I bring up the status menu it shows that I'm connected to MMS.

I have fmms installed but my access point is called orangemms and in MobileHotSpot under connection only orange internet is visable, no mention of any mms connection.

Has anyone got any ideas?
I have the same problem, why does it keep connecting to MMS?

Originally Posted by kevinp93 View Post
Ok so i stumbled accross this thread because Mobile Hotspot failed to start. And thanks to kolos' guide, that works. The problem now is that I can't connect my Nokia N8 and Nokia E52 to my mobile. They both find the network, they connect but the web browser remains blank.. Any solution to this? Thanks
I tested connection with N95 today, after I saw your post. It was my first try with firmware PR1.3. In few first attempts I had similar problem as you, N95 established connection with N900 but couldn't open any website. I don't know what caused the problem, because after I played around with wifi and mobilehotspot (MHS) settings on N900, I return them back as they were from beginning and now MHS works as it should.

Just few tips:
1. Disconnect N900 from 2G/3G internet before opening MHS.
2. For beginning disable encryption.
3. When you hit "Start" button MHS should automatically establish 2G/3G connection (or offer you to do it manually after failed attempt).

4. If you still can't open websites with N8/E52, check how is doing N900's browser while you sharing connection.

Maybe you should also try to set power transmission on "100mW" and power saving on "off". I have power saving on "On (intermediate)".

These setting are under:
Menu -> Settings -> Internet connection -> Connections -> mark any wifi connection -> Edit -> Next -> Next -> Next -> Advanced -> tab Other.

Last edited by kolos; 2010-11-16 at 21:33.

I am experiencing an intermittent issue where sometimes the Hotspot created cannot be found. Once it is started and visible , it works fine.It is as if the Wifi card on the N900 never enters Ad-Hoc mode.

Is anybody else experiencing that?