Active Topics

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
^^^ And Ubuntu with chroot
Thats what the last video is running in. Unfortunately it has not acceleration, so it doesn't handle full screen redraws very well. It is quite usable with modRana, but completely unusable in Mieru if you manga/comics doesn't fit on the screen.

On the other hand, as a CLI environment, is perfectly usable. I've actually compiled the Qt Components I've used to run Mieru on the Touchpad itself (after installing build-essential & Qt-dev packages) running off battery while sitting at a cafe.

Last edited by MartinK; 2012-11-04 at 21:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Oh, I did not realise you made 3 separate links bud, sorry

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
first of all thanks , well actually here while i am in china i can see loads of cheap tablets may be even less than a 100 $ and some of them are a bit goodie etc .But neverthless what i really wanted to know is that if some one was having a chinese tablet ,did they ever get a chance to upgrade from the stock version ? like if the tab was having 2.3.7 ,could we really upgrade it to jellybean 4.1.1?

The Following User Says Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
No. What you see is what you get.

Get specs which u think u can live with, don't go under.
For instance, if u think an A10 is good enough u could he very disappointed later on. Or with 512MB RAM may not be enough for certain Apps. Or a 4GB NAND. Or lack of microSD, ffc, Wifi n, Bluetooth.

My last advice is to not trust the salesman, they are used to lying about specs and never accept a refund or warranty. What you see is literally what you get.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I have Zenithink ZT280 C71, was USD $80. I would not recommend it. Battery life is crap, wifi antenna is awful, making it impossible to use. It overheats and touchsceen sensor goes crazy. It came with Android 4.0 and that was bad... slow and lots of app incompatibility (no Flash, no Netflix, Popcap games don't work, etc.). Downgraded to 2.3 community ROM and it's much better, but still not very useful because of the lack of wifi if you are more than 3 meters from the wireless access point (and I'm not kidding about that distance).

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I have Zenithink ZT280 C71, was USD $80. I would not recommend it. Battery life is crap, wifi antenna is awful, making it impossible to use. It overheats and touchsceen sensor goes crazy. It came with Android 4.0 and that was bad... slow and lots of app incompatibility (no Flash, no Netflix, Popcap games don't work, etc.). Downgraded to 2.3 community ROM and it's much better, but still not very useful because of the lack of wifi if you are more than 3 meters from the wireless access point (and I'm not kidding about that distance).
zenithink is known for its poor build quality.
Buy either from cube or pipo both Dual core ips screen tablets are being sold around 150$ online so it should be 30$ or more cheap in china.

Last edited by raaj13; 2012-11-05 at 02:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to raaj13 For This Useful Post:
The days of buying craplets are numbered.

The Nexus7 (16GB) is exceptional value for $199.
Grab a used Transformer Prime with the Keyboard for $230, yes it sucks that you don't get GPS but everything else is flagship quality with modern specs and great design. And don't forget, community support !!!!

Those choices are much more value for money than a $150 craplet without a warranty.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
The days of buying craplets are numbered.

The Nexus7 (16GB) is exceptional value for $199.
Grab a used Transformer Prime with the Keyboard for $230, yes it sucks that you don't get GPS but everything else is flagship quality with modern specs and great design. And don't forget, community support !!!!

Those choices are much more value for money than a $150 craplet without a warranty.
cube ,ainol ,pipo,ramos ,smartq big chinese companies like these give you 1 year warranty.
google nexus 7 still costs around 250$ here. And i dont think all of chinese tabs are crap. something that comes from google but no expandable memory thats a no go for me . Data plans aren't cheap here that i upload and download from their cloud storage.
You think chinese tabs days are numbered but i dont think so they are also moving on from dual core to quad core now . Also they are improving there build quality.

Last edited by raaj13; 2012-11-05 at 14:26.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raaj13 For This Useful Post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfroj...eature=related
whats your idea ? should i go for novo 7 (ainol) anal fire ? lol

alright i am going for G nexus 7 then ,couldnt get an immediate response from you guys about that novo 7 fire tab .I believe this is a good idea that i choose GN7 though i am still waiting for your suggestion.Even though i have already made up my mind about google nexus 7,it is about 1600 RMB which is about 250 $ so that is a better choice ,right ?