I have no idea what's going on, nothing shows up as installed or installable in app manager.

:~# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Error!
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://repository.maemo.org diablo/free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_diablo_free_bina ry-armel_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://repository.maemo.org diablo/non-free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_diablo_non-free_binary-armel_Packages)
E: Problem parsing dependency Depends
E: Error occurred while processing easy-deb-chroot (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras-devel_dists_diablo_non-free_binary-armel_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Anyone know what's going on?

Yeah, I've got that too. I figure someone's editing/fixing the repositories, but that's just a guess.

Odd, you'd think it wouldn't affect the currently installed apps. Right now app manager claims nothing is installed

The Following User Says Thank You to st5150 For This Useful Post:
I had the same problem, and with no idea what to do ran:

nano /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_diablo_non-free_binary-armel_Packages

The Depends field was empty for easy-deb-chroot, so i just filled it with libc6, the first thing that came to my head (after making a backup of the file) and from then on apt-get worked. However, every time i reloaded packages from the application manager, the same error would begin to occur, and after checking the file, the depends field would be empty again. Any ideas?

After messing around a bit more, unchecking the Maemo Extras-devel diablo repository in application manager seems to solve the problem temporarily (easy-deb-chroot is in that repo)

Yup, I was about to post that. I just found the same fix. Very odd problem. I'm surprised it killed everything.