Active Topics

Notices

I find the .bmp pictures can be displayed as the cover when playing mp3/wma files。(the picture‘s name is same with the music file).
But I play the FLAC music,The Cover can't be displayed.Why?
In the next version,Will it be supported for FLAC’s cover?

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Ok I have had some success troubleshooting. One of my albums had a “✝” character in the song tags. I removed the cross character and things got much better.

The next issue I moved to was trying to get more than 10 albums to display cover art. No matter what I did (pretty much the same steps as below in the quote) I could not get more than 10 covers to display. I tried several different songs, albums, and even manually adding cover art twice in iTunes.

Originally Posted by mfortner View Post
I'm having poor results with it indexing. It stared out seeing all of the albums but only the first four cover arts. Now it seems to only see one album.

I tried updating using the built in Media Indexing, no change. It seems to scan the folders, but does seem to rebuild. I tried deleting both idx files and the.mediabox directory on the MMC card. Again it only sees one album. I navigated using Mediabox's folder view and it sees al the music there. AFter I navigated back to the album view 4 more albums were listed...there should be 10 or so...but only two with art. Sigh.

I'm very bummed. The best advantage Mediabox has is the large button car view, but I jsut have not had good consistent results with Mediabox.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by cyberboy View Post
I find the .bmp pictures can be displayed as the cover when playing mp3/wma files。(the picture‘s name is same with the music file).
But I play the FLAC music,The Cover can't be displayed.Why?
In the next version,Will it be supported for FLAC’s cover?
Thanks for reporting. I'll take a look at it. Covers are supported for FLAC, but maybe somehow .bmp doesn't get recognized for displaying cover art.
The name of the cover art file doesn't matter. cover.jpg and cover.png take precedence when looking for a cover, but any filename (with a recognized extension) will do.

Ok I have had some success troubleshooting. One of my albums had a “✝” character in the song tags. I removed the cross character and things got much better.
Does this mean that indexing does now work as expected. It would be great if you could send me a sample file with this character in the song tags.

The next issue I moved to was trying to get more than 10 albums to display cover art. No matter what I did (pretty much the same steps as below in the quote) I could not get more than 10 covers to display. I tried several different songs, albums, and even manually adding cover art twice in iTunes.
Are the files all in the same folder?

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Pycage,

I was putting them all in the same folder. I'll be experimenting more later today. I may remove all the music and add a new collection to see what happens.

I'll check on that character “✝”.

The Following User Says Thank You to mfortner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Unfortunately, the headset button is not good at detecting subsequent clicks. Try to double click with about half a second pause between clicks. Double click = NEXT, triple click = PREVIOUS

Sorry, but the hardware doesn't appear to be capable of better handling...
Maybe you should set" One Click "as The Next Song,and Push and Hold as Play/Pause.
It will be easier distinguish between One Click and Hold for N800,I guess.
Thankyou

Originally Posted by cyberboy View Post
Maybe you should set" One Click "as The Next Song,and Push and Hold as Play/Pause.
It will be easier distinguish between One Click and Hold for N800,I guess.
Thankyou
I really would like to, but this stupid piece of headset hardware only knows "button pressed". Click and hold is not detectable...

Will it support lyric display in the next vertion?
I have many .lrc files ,I like this function.
Just like this picture(Meizu M8 mobile phone),the word will change color of the lyric when the song arrive at this sentence.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to cyberboy For This Useful Post:
This is a great idea!
I'll put it on my TODO list. Thanks!

MediaBox 0.96.5 will have support for LRC lyrics files.

Last edited by pycage; 2009-03-16 at 21:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:

Tags
fmradio, mediabox, upnp, youtube