Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by boogerbutt1 View Post
Hi,
I must be really dumb...but I cant figure out how to remove the .txt from the end of the m3u file after it is downloaded...please help if you can.

thanks
No, you are not dumb. I have the same question too before I learned the NIT.

1) dl the file in a PC and rename it without the .txt, i.e., ren 93TV4IT1.m3u.txt 93TV4IT1.m3u

2) dl directly into your tablet, remember the path, /media/mmc1 is the external SD, /media/mmc2 is the internal SD, if there is one.
open xterm
cp /path/93TV4IT1.m3u.txt /path/93TV4IT1.m3u

the above command copies the source file ...m3u.txt to the destination file ...m3u.

Or if you have any file manager that allows you to rename file, that will be alright too.

Post back if question,

enjoy,

bun

Assuming you've downloaded it to your tablet. In the file manager, select it (tap once on the document) then click the title bar (it should say file manager) file > rename. Or tap and hold down after the tap and edit > rename.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Thanks,
I do not have xterm. I tried to change the name through the file manager menu as described above but I do not have ".txt" in the name shown and thus cannot remove it. Can I use one of the other text editers/file managers available from the downloads and which one would be best.

thanks again for your help.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Assuming you've downloaded it to your tablet. In the file manager, select it (tap once on the document) then click the title bar (it should say file manager) file > rename. Or tap and hold down after the tap and edit > rename.
It does NOT work for me. I think the default program for the file manager is Notes which will not allow rename extension. However, you can do this with emelFM2 file manager.

bun

Thanks,
I do not have xterm. I tried to change the name through the file manager menu as described above but I do not have ".txt" in the name shown and thus cannot remove it. Can I use one of the other text editers/file managers available from the downloads and which one would be best.

thanks again for your help.
You got to have a PC, dont you? dl to your PC and rename without the .txt extension.

Or, go www.gronmayer.com/it/ and search for emelFM2, dl and install to use the rename function.

bun

ok..I will give the emelFM2 file manager a try.

thanks for you help!!

Way cool Bunanson! Thanks for giving us the heads up. Oldcartoontv.com is a good one too. Dan

Originally Posted by dan View Post
Way cool Bunanson! Thanks for giving us the heads up. Oldcartoontv.com is a good one too. Dan

The cartoon channel and the classical music (channel 24?) are my favorite. I am glad you like it. Enjoy.

93 channel is quite a lot and I have another 15 to add very soon, they are major ABC, NBC etc, you have any suggestion, how should I organize these channels so that they are more intuitive in using? Alphabetical? Geographic? I do not like categorical, as it is too subjective. Any thought/suggestions?

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-04-13 at 06:19.

ok..I will give the emelFM2 file manager a try.

thanks for you help!!
You do NOT have xterm? What system you are running? 770 may not run well, as the video codec is not as broad. If you are running on N800, just flash to the latest OS, xterm is under Menu>Utilities> X Terminal.

bun

Apparantly, there is NO keyboard control when in full screen, i.e., one has to switch back and forth between full screen and small screen in order to change TV channel. Is there any keyboard shortcut to get around? or can someone map some key function during full screen? I am working on it.... For Kmplayer, on fullscreen, control N + Enter change to next station, or Dpad down or up then enter change to previous or next channel. They both are disabled when in full screen.

bun