Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
But then the procedure should be "sorry we failed rather than we will blend it somehow, stay tuned!"
Indeed it should. Unless..

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
This tablet is cursed it seems.

2x N900 - both for sale, 1x in mint condition with a qwerty keyboard (with box and all accessories) and 1x in used condition with qwertz keyboard. PM me[/B]

1x N9 16GB cyan, made in Finland - for sale PM me

1x Jolla - for sale PM me

iPhone SE - lost

iPhone 7 - 128GB
Surface Pro 4 M3 - Win10 is buggy...
Lenovo Thinkpad W520 - Xubuntu
Lenovo Thinkpad X200 - Libreboot and Trisquel

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NX500 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NX500 View Post
More than a curse, its a bait, it seems to me.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by NX500 View Post
Yes and the sad thing is that the UI of SailfishOS 2 is very suited to tablets. Perhaps even more than to phones.

It would work better on more modern hardware with more memory than the Jolla and this failed Youyota product though.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
At that point, it seems the only hope for an "official" Sailfish tablet, is to try to get the upcoming Inoi T10.

(Hey, will Jolla sell a limited edition "Sailfish T" for developer of the Inoi T10, just like they did with "Jolla C" regarding Intex Aquafish ?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
Yes and the sad thing is that the UI of SailfishOS 2 is very suited to tablets. Perhaps even more than to phones.

It would work better on more modern hardware with more memory than the Jolla and this failed Youyota product though.
Actually, my experience with the Jolla Tablet was that performance was just fine, the form factor ideal and the screen gorgeous.

The actual pain points were horrendous power usage & resulting abysmal battery life and various tablet specific bugs that have been more-or-less understandably ignored by Jolla due to the minuscule Jolla Tablet user base.

Actually, there was a third issue - have you noticed the past tense ? That because the damned micro-USB connector broke! The N900 connector curse coming back to kill its high-minded offspring ? We can only guess!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
the screen gorgeous.
The colours are wonderful, but the brightness is very weird. It's way too bright indoors, but as soon as you take it outdoors, you can't see anything.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Actually, there was a third issue - have you noticed the past tense ? That because the damned micro-USB connector broke! The N900 connector curse coming back to kill its high-minded offspring ? We can only guess!
My Jolla's 1 micro USB broke too, requiring me to urgently source compatible part and find someone with a better hand to solder it.

(and in between used to rotate batteries and charge them with a dedicated universal LiPo wall charger, until the replacement got fitted)

Re-broke a couple of months later and shorted and fried the motherboard. I managed to source a second-hand one from the foroum (and luckily had a recent enough image of the partition, so moving my data was a breeze).

Eventually moved to Sailfish X. That one hasn't taken enough abuse yet.
But that's why I like wireless charging solutions (My old webOS powered Palm Pre and HP Pre3 come to mind) despite not being very efficient : less breakable parts over years of abuse.

Originally Posted by nthn View Post
The colours are wonderful, but the brightness is very weird. It's way too bright indoors, but as soon as you take it outdoors, you can't see anything.
That's the thing I miss most from my old PalmOS-powered Tapwave Zodiac : that was the last PDA I had with a screen specially geared toward out-door readability.
(Only since I bough an eInk reader - Kobo - did I get something outdoor friendly)

Most constructor build screen geared toward looking great on a shelf or at a social gathering (indoor, not very bright light), because that's sells the most : because that's when people notice which screen has the most contrast/brightest colours.

Good transflective screen tend to not have as bright colours in the dark (they'll look a little bit washed out) - they'll look as if having the shittiest screen when compared with other models, thus people buy them the least.

Purely transmissive screens or OLEDs, by using a good backlight source or *being* the light source itself can look great (and so users by them), but once you take them out-door, their light though decent, just cannot compete with the massive light output of the giant ball of fusion power hovering in the sky.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Hey, will Jolla sell a limited edition "Sailfish T" for developer of the Inoi T10, just like they did with "Jolla C" regarding Intex Aquafish ?
This would be awesome!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peccelius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Peccelius View Post
This would be awesome!
But unlikely. Jolla wants to forget about the tablet fiasco.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os