Active Topics

Originally Posted by Dante View Post
hi there mitja and matjaz. im also from slovenia and i really need a slovenian hardware keyboard. is there an easy way to do it? or could one of you contact me via e-mail and explain it to me step by step.

thanks.
i am also interested in slovenian hardware keyboard, some wiki on this would be nice.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I've remapped the arrow key for (home, end, Prior and Next), but it seems to not to work in Microb. Can anyone confirm this? When any of them are used microb just selects the url area. kinda works in mail and rss, but only once not after the 1st use.

x

update: Hmm, seems like it works in microb if you are not in fullscreen mode.

Last edited by xman; 2010-03-02 at 01:07.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
hello guys, one question: how to configure the virtual keyboard that appears with fn+ctrl ?
Is it related to /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 or to /usr/share/keyboards/LAYOUT.vkb ??

I've got eight-level keyboard. But the combinations Fn+Schift+Letter and Fn+Letter don't work. Did anybody have the same issue?
For example, [ a, A, b, B, c, C, d, D]. Letters d/D I can't get.

But if I remap [ a, A, b, B, c, C, b, B ], all letters work correct! Very strange behaviour.

Last edited by Quasar; 2010-03-16 at 22:07. Reason: Updated

I'm also experimenting with limited success. I've discovered (didn't know before!) that a eight level definition works with a Ctrl-space "switching". in practice, you define two different keyboard layouts, in both you have the limitation that shifted key must be upper case letter, but you do have two complete keyboard layouts. unfortunately dead keys don't survive switching layout. so I thought: maybe I can have one layout for typing text (I'm italian so I need éè, have south american friends so I need ñ and live in the netherlands so I need ë. I will survive without ß and ł) plus one layout for writing math and programs, with []{} and the like...

what I did was to misuse the Russian layout (I did not know how to add a new layout) and I've come up with something that does not work properly: it says it switches layout, but it remains in levels 1-4... anyhow: at least I can type ñáë without needing the onscreen keyboard. pity I can't type numbers any more!!!

this is the code for my experiment:

Code:
xkb_symbols "ru" {
    include "nokia_vndr/rx-51(english_base)"
    include "nokia_vndr/rx-51(arrows_4btns)"

name[Group1] = "Russian";

key.type[Group1] = "EIGHT_LEVEL_SEMIALPHABETIC";

// 1. row
    key <AD01>  { [     q,      Q,      dead_tilde,     dead_tilde,     q,      Q,      1,      1 ] };
    key <AD02>  { [     w,      W,      dead_circumflex,dead_circumflex,w,      W,      2,      2 ] };
    key <AD03>  { [     e,      E,      dead_caron,     dead_caron,     e,      E,      3,      3 ] };
    key <AD04>  { [     r,      R,      dead_abovedot,  dead_abovedot,  r,      R,      4,      4 ] };
    key <AD05>  { [     t,      T,      dead_grave,     dead_grave,     t,      T,      5,      5 ] };
    key <AD06>  { [     y,      Y,      dead_acute,     dead_acute,     y,      Y,      6,      6 ] };
    key <AD07>  { [     u,      U,      dead_ogonek,    dead_ogonek,    u,      U,      7,      7 ] };
    key <AD08>  { [     i,      I,      dead_diaeresis, dead_diaeresis, i,      I,      8,      8 ] };
    key <AD09>  { [     o,      O,      dead_abovering, dead_abovering, o,      O,      9,      9 ] };
    key <AD10>  { [     p,      P,      dead_cedilla,   dead_cedilla,   p,      P,      0,      0 ] };

// 2. row
    key <AC05>  { [     g,      G,      underscore,     underscore,     g,      G,      less,           less            ] };
    key <AC08>  { [     k,      K,      ampersand,      ampersand,      k,      K,      bracketleft,    bracketleft     ] };
    key <AC09>  { [     l,      L,      exclam,         exclam,         l,      L,      bracketright,   bracketright    ] };

// 3. row
    key <AB01>  { [     z,      Z,      sterling,       sterling,       z,      Z,      guillemotleft,  guillemotleft   ] };
    key <AB02>  { [     x,      X,      dollar,         dollar,         x,      X,      guillemotright, guillemotright  ] };
    key <AB03>  { [     c,      C,      EuroSign,       EuroSign,       c,      C,      bar,            bar             ] };
    key <AB05>  { [     b,      B,      backslash,      backslash,      b,      B,      greater,        greater         ] };
    key <AB06>  { [     n,      N,      quotedbl,       quotedbl,       n,      N,      braceleft,      braceleft       ] };
    key <AB07>  { [     m,      M,      apostrophe,     apostrophe,     m,      M,      braceright,     braceright      ] };
};
I also thought a problem could be in not repeating the keys that are the same in both half layouts, so I also tried defining them, but with no luck.

maybe somebody can use this experiment as a starting point? or at least tell how to define a new layout without destroying exisiting ones?

while reading my post, I saw something I had not seen in Quasar's post: he also does not manage to use levels 7-8... so I modified my keyboard definition: instead of defining 5-6 equals to the letters in 1-2 I put what I had put in levels 7-8. levels 7-8, I simply didn't define them and what I get is anyway 3-4. so now I can write international text with levels 1-4 and numbers in 3-6. "acceptable".

so I reopened the ticket https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2259

attached to the ticket there's my current rx-51 keyboard definition.

dead_stroke doesn't work, but I can write things like...
ÅçÇ°%^[]{}<>«»éÉèÈñÑ on one keyboard definition!
(with Escape and Tab on the Z)

british and russian users will not like the fact that I removed the £ and I destroyed the russian keyboard...

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
I remapped some of the fourth level keys to add braces and brackets to german keyboard layout. Therefore i modified the english_base section of rx-51:

key <AC07> {[ j, J, parenright, braceright ]}
key <AC08> is not modified!

But when i press Fn+Shift+j or Fn+Shift+k there always appears "};" together (";" is on k in german layout). Other levels of the keys (j, k, J, K, ), ; ) and other fourth level mappings are working fine...

Edit: Ok, already mentioned in this thread...

Last edited by mankir; 2010-06-12 at 14:41.