Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I use my N95 at the moment as a Alarmclock in the morning... and every day I'm pressing 2 or 3 times the Sleep mode. At the N900 with the Touchscreen it is in my opinion to easy to turn it off (early in the morning)
Here is the Link: Improving the Alarmclock

In my opinion possible solution:
One Button for only Snooze would be great.

After pressing it the Alarm is silent and a option asks you at example to press the Numer 6 and 4 of a virtual Keyboard. When you press the wrong buttons or do noting the Alarm iss still in Snooze mode and aleart in 10 Minutes again. (until you're fit enought to look at the Display and solve the problem)
It's my first Brainstorm post. So I hope I've done everything correct. And don't worry. The user redex is me. I registered helmuth here first and after a couple of days I realized that the user helmuth in "the other part of maemo.org" already exists.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I do that a lot with the c905. You actually have to be awake to hit 'snooze' if the obvious 'default' response is 'off'.

Not seen how n900 handles it, so I can't comment, but I'm familiar with the problem.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Not sure if this should go here or under the Brainstorm itself, but here goes..

My solution is to use a third part application: Flipclock. Gives you a much better/easier to use interface, much more features than just built in alarm functionality, and is under active develpoment (Hi, I'm the developer ;-) ):
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32832

Trying to get some of these rolled into the built in alarm app would take a lot longer and will not be anywhere near as high a priority as alarm is considered a low value application (nobody's going to buy a nokia tablet/phone/etc to use just as a clock... having an alarm feature is one nice added bonus that's all). Maemo does a very good job with having an Alarm API/daemon, and Flip utilizes that to give you all the benefits of the built in alarm program, but with much more. Fremantle is currently in the works but has been set as second priority to completing the app and getting all features working (since Fremantle devices are not readily available to mass market yet).

Anyways, my thought is that Nokia/Maemo team has done a good job improving the alarmD API/daemon, so any quams with that should be directed to them; any quams with user interface/how the alarm screens work should be directed to third party/community apps that have time and desire to focus on such things.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the tip.

A really great work and looks very impressing!
I've added it as a possible solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
I got today the same problem with a aleart in the calendar.

Any other Idea's so far?