Originally Posted by vip View Post
Do you know what their warranty policy is on this phone? I chatted with a rep and he first said 1yr manufacturer's. When I reminded him this phone has no US manufacturer's warranty he said they offer 1yr free warranty.

I'm a bit uneasy about that response.
Sorry, the warranty is not so important to me. If Nokia was an unknown manufacturer, then yes, a warranty would provide some peace of mind. However, I know that Nokia is a manufacturer that makes very reliable products. I personally am brand-loyal to Thinkpads for laptops and Nokia for phones because their products, especially those like the N9 that have a superior case and glass, will last and survive some abuse.

However, there are always some lemons out there... my understanding is that Negri will work with you if you have a lemon. Their way is to have you ship them your N9, they ship you a new one, and if they find the old N9 actually was a lemon, then the RMA is done, but if you were just an idiot then they will ship you back the working N9 and charge you for the one they shipped previously, so you'll have two N9's. Not ideal, but, you know, we haven't got much choice.

Point: any warranty longer than about 2 weeks for products known to be reliable etc. is superfluous IMO.

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I give you 450€ for your old black 64GB N9.
Thinking i pad around 720 euros for mine, i think i pass.

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Your impression does not match what most reviews and users say.
I agree, most reviews (even bashers) talk about a great design.

I was surprised specially for

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Main material is cheap plastic and so does it look.

In fact it looks like the plastic is a place holder for the real body.
Can someone comment further regarding the materials on the N9?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ CA USA
Originally Posted by charbar View Post
I ordered the 16gb off of negri. I did the free ground shipping, and i was expecting it would take a week (as they said estimated 5-7 days) to get it. I ordered it on Monday, and its out for delivery right now! It came via las vegas (as opposed to HK). so I think it depends which model you bought.
Charbar,
Mine is out for delivery today as well. I ordered the Black 16gb on sunday night . Let me know if yours is starhub branded or not and i will let you know as well.

Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
It's nice to hear such a different opinion from someone who doesn't like it, but, speaking about the Magenta N9, I really like it. Looks-wise, the color is a really pleasing bubblegum pink, hardly what I'd call 'magenta,' but it manages to avoid looking like a cheap toy, probably in a large part due to the really snazzy curved screen and fairly unique pink color. You don't see pink phones or electronics every day, but I'd say it looks slick rather than chintzy.

The PVC exterior feels really solid and nice to the touch. Jamming my fingernail in it, it has a tiny bit of give - imagine those very hard rubber bouncy balls you may have played with when you're a kid. It doesn't feel as rigid as, say, a PVC pipe, and the material has a nice, grippy texture to it that feels good in my hand.

The feeling of it being a solid 'brick' of material is quite different from other phones where you can press in on certain areas (e.g. the center of the battery cover area on the n900) and feel give.

I'm really not one to worry about a phone getting scratched up - of course it's going to be your precious baby gadget for the first month, but at a certain point it's a tool that you use to get stuff done. My phone's usually in my pocket. It'll get dusty, but I've never had any really damaged phones. Even the relatively fragile screen of my n900 is in great shape after almost 2 years of abuse, so I'm really not worried about the n9.

Hope that helps give you some ideas!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pebby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post

He's being ridiculous. The polycarbonate is very strong and preferable to a metal body. Try to imagine a sippy cup that you give a baby - display glass aside, you could throw the N9 on the floor and you wouldn't know it after you pick it up.

The included silicone case is quite good as well. I've been passing my phone around and most people don't know that there is a case on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to solatic For This Useful Post:
Im waiting for N9 from malaysia: do you know what kind of plug it comes with? what kind of plug adapter I should get?

Last edited by anis_ber; 2011-10-27 at 18:28.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by charbar View Post
I ordered the 16gb off of negri. I did the free ground shipping, and i was expecting it would take a week (as they said estimated 5-7 days) to get it. I ordered it on Monday, and its out for delivery right now! It came via las vegas (as opposed to HK). so I think it depends which model you bought.
Their based Las Vegas so they probably ordered some in bulk pre-emptively of the 16gb version so could still have been made in china but the cheapest price they may be getting is a branded simfree black 64gb from HK.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
stephan, the material of the body is not plastic it is polycarbonate and the color is not painted on, it is that color throughout.

Maybe you'll like to google for the difference between plastic and polycarbonate.
polycarbonate is a plastic. It's a high quality plastic, not cheap
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Peter Skillman talks about the design of the N9 to engadget @ Nokia World http://pulkitarora.in/nokias-peter-s...alks-design-n9

Some interesting comments "It is, to some extent after February 11th, a concept car" -- No kidding. I bet Peter is not entirely happy about the fate of the N9.

edit: btw, Peter Skillman seems like a really cool guy

WTF!!! FIRE ELOP! Make Skillman the CEO!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????