Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
The 3G model will use MicroSIMs.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....378-rm-eng.jpg

Last edited by Bundyo; 2010-01-27 at 19:29.

Jeez...all these post look eerie similar to all the post when the iPhone came out and clearly that product went nowhere!

The Following User Says Thank You to bac522 For This Useful Post:
Eheheheheheh…
What an ugly thing. It seems that history going in the wrong direction. I’ll not buy it for sure…

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ San Jose, CA
I was just thinking too - I can't wait for someone to develop a ibook app that reads books out loud and have the publishers go crazy again. Then again Apple might block it, heh.

IAC, they are going to sell a pile of these things, $499 is a great entry point.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by theflew View Post
The think the operative word is restrictive. If Nokia took away multitasking, Flash, micro SD, keyboard, forward facing camera, flash (camera), replaceable battery, limited screen resolution, etc... Imagine how much more time they could have spent on software. The UI would be slicker just because it doesn't have to do as much and it would be quicker.
I don't think any of that has anything to do with Maemo still being far from finished or why it doesn't work the way the end user wants it to or expects it to.

Remember, Nokia have been beavering away on Maemo for 5+ years and many of the shipping apps still lack the most basic functionality, haven't been updated since the initial release in 2005 and/or lack sensible integration with the new phone functionality on the N900. Apple employ their own developers to create the best end user experience on their products, while Nokia outsource their development - it shows.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Apple employ their own developers to create the best end user experience on their products, while Nokia outsource their development - it shows.
HEY....

that hurts

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Ah, they did price the base model below $500. Apple sales reps will be pushing the iPad at K-12 and higher ed for "computer for every student" use.

This is a massive failure and im gald it happen to them. Nokia if you hear this. ****in destroy them now. I hate Apple.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xxMurdakillxx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
well, now they showed a keyboard dock...

now THAT is something nice....

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Too funny, here at work there are two Apple fanboys that are completely salivating over this. "Only half an inch thick and lasts 10hrs!" I told them no flash no plugin, and their response "They'll have an app so you can watch videos, just like youtube one." I told them for something this large wouldn't a cheap front facing webcam be a game changer? "It's not a chat device, it's like a computer" Price points just came out and its laughable. This is a flop.

From Endgadget: starts at $499 for 16GB, 32GB for $599, and $699 64GB. Adding 3G costs a $130 per model, so the most expensive model (64GB / 3G) is $829. The WiFi-only model will ship in 60 days, and the 3G models will come in 90

Tags
apple, ifarted, ipad, tablet