Notices

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Evidence Hunt - A crime solving logic game

"EvidenceHunt is a role-playing logical puzzle game. The main character is a detective, who must solve various crime scene mysteries. There are many clues at your disposal to help you get your work done. Every puzzle has a solution and it can be reached by using logic only, of course you can guess, but be careful, a wrong decision can end your career."

Store Link.

This game may seem camp, but it is one of the best games I've played on ANY mobile device to date. It's surprisingly addictive, and has a nice combo of minesweeper-logic, into more deductive logic that's refreshing and fun.

I've emailed the dev so hopefully we can bring him over here and get some quality ideas going.

Issues (feature-fixes) :
Some english translation is a bit iffy ("sociopath psychopath", etc.)
Gives the feel that a lot of the blue, eliminating clues are completely irrelephant (I don't think ANY of my suspects have been an alcoholic)
Needs more variation in crimes (after a while, they all seem the same)
Needs more variation in suspect and victim names (How many mr. smiths can get shot? although mr wayne being shot was classy)
Zero female suspects, seriously?
"Scoreboard" should definitely provide more details (can't see why all the stats available on the website aren't available in-game)

Ideas (new-features) :
A larger, over-arching story (eg. after every succesful case you earn a clue to the main story)
Sounds + Vibration (Really frustrating to "mark" a piece when you can't see what's going on, at all)
Portrait mode support (really can't see why this isn't already the case)
A bonus/event for finding all 25 clues (currently, you don't get anything, quite often I just keep going without even realising I'm done)
Some kind of variable formula so that you don't always get 10 blue, 2 green ,4 pink, etc. every game.
Some kind of super-power system (eg. solve 5 cases in a row, then next case you can eliminate one non-excluded suspect)

Yeah, that's all I've got so far, so please, check it out and report back here!

oh, my top-score is 4312

Good luck, and happy gaming!