Notices

is it possible to use trasparent background and not black? see my images
Attached Images

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Helsinki
Hi all!
In the latest version of oculo I addressed some of the points raised in this discussion:
  • Render the web content into a live wallpaper
  • Allow specifying the User Agent
  • Use white background when the website doesn't specify one

I created one video to show how the "render to wallpaper" feature works:
http://blog.mardy.it/2011/06/always-...your-n900.html

I'm not preparing version 1.0, which in addition to all the above should make the UI look a bit better (for instance removing the ugly blue borders).

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mardy For This Useful Post:
wow nice nice update

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Will you be able to support the css color transparent ?
I'd love the ability to show simply text without any colored box behind it.

(I have not tried it though, but I guess it wont work)

Last edited by ToJa92; 2011-06-26 at 09:38.

in your video I see that when you change desktop the widget starts to load. How is it possible? what are your settings?

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by iscio View Post
in your video I see that when you change desktop the widget starts to load. How is it possible? what are your settings?
The first time you add the widget to the page, you can move the widget around and place it on the screen, just like you can do with any widget. Then in the options follow Mardy's instruction as per full screen mode.

Once loaded and the screen is refreshing, the actual application widget is still present in it's original form in the same location you placed it in so if you know it's original location, tapping in that area brings up an Update button, Donate button and Open button (takes one to the default website). Clicking the update button refreshes Oculo... updating the content.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Now Oculo is near perfect for me.

Some things that would be nice to have:
1. Someone mentionend transparent background in widget mode, +1 from me on that
2. In widget mode oculo renders the top of the chosen area on top of the widget. In wallpaper mode the wallpaper seems like somewhere in the middle of the chosen area. Options are set to: Fill whole screen, preserve aspect ratio.(area is higher than wide, and for me it makes more sense like its in the widget)
3. Make the widget itself a half transparent "button" in wallpaper mode so you dont need to remember where you put it, but see where to press to update.
4. In wallpaper mode the desktop menu bar on top can interfere with some info on the wallpaper. An option for an offset would be nice, that oculo adds a border at the top with height of the menu bar.
5. Just to be complete the wish i mentioned already in an earlier post: custom CSS would be nice like stylish for Firefox.

Last edited by gunni; 2011-06-27 at 19:07.

Oculo is an awesome apps and is something I long for. I was trying to put my stocks portfolio on the desktop and have the price updated regularly. However, Oculo cannot displayed the content at all. When I configured the table that I tried to displayed through Oculo, I needed to login to the web page that contains it. Is this the reason why Oculo cannot displayed the table? When I went back to Oculo and see what happened, I needed to login again. Is this the cause? Anyway to overcome this, thanks.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
My sessions of Oculo repreatedly show
Last updated: never
Auto-refresh doesn't seem to work.
Let it be mentioned that I have buggy DrLaunch and D.A.M. at work too.

Is it possible for a log to be made? Or perhaps check the refresh interval settings somewhere?

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
Oculo is an awesome apps and is something I long for. I was trying to put my stocks portfolio on the desktop and have the price updated regularly. However, Oculo cannot displayed the content at all. When I configured the table that I tried to displayed through Oculo, I needed to login to the web page that contains it. Is this the reason why Oculo cannot displayed the table? When I went back to Oculo and see what happened, I needed to login again. Is this the cause? Anyway to overcome this, thanks.

Here is a tip... try a brilliant application called Stockona

Developed by Sony123, it does stock prices brilliantly. Better than Oculo.

I have found Oculo better for showing off active topics such as:
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".