Jonathan, I am sure you are correct on the measurements.
I will even give you that the N810 is only slightly larger and weighs more than the 800. The keyboard is a tossup as most 810 users on trips will still take a full size foldable keyboard rather than type with their opposable thumbs and spill Coke into it. I can't yeild however on the GPS. I own several and will simply say to start the argument that from a safety stand point incorperating a GPS with any other devices in which both use the same battery is NOT wise. As a toy - fine - as a serious approach to navigation NO! - buy a stand alone GPS and any of the Nokia Tablets you like. //ji

Hi,

Well, for those who use the GPS when driving, would probably need to plug in the power. That's useful for those people....

Luke

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by johni58 View Post
I can't yeild however on the GPS. I own several and will simply say to start the argument that from a safety stand point incorperating a GPS with any other devices in which both use the same battery is NOT wise. As a toy - fine - as a serious approach to navigation NO! - buy a stand alone GPS and any of the Nokia Tablets you like. //ji
"safety" . . . uh, what? O_o

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Biel/Bienne - Switzerland
I'm glad i got my N800. Most shops in Switzerland had 4 on stock. Now they have 1.

And by the way, welcome everyone.

I can't believe Nokia has stopped production of the N800.
If they have, it's the most intensely stupid decision I've heard for quite a while. The N810 cannot replace the N800, they are two devices catering for different requirements, although with some overlaps (but less so than for the huge selection of Nokia phones).

I ordered from onsale.com on Friday, around noon time. Received a confirmation email later: "We have received your order and have forwarded it for final processing." Nobody called me afterwards. Guess I got one of the remaining items?

Erm, The N810 replaces the N800 just fine. There is like 15 people that need 2 SD slots.

It looks better, has a superior screen, GPS and keyboard in a smaller form factor. Any geeky person that needs the 2 SD slots can pickup a cheap N800 whenever they want.

sherifnix: If the production is really stopped you _can't_ pick up an N800 "whenever you want". They aren't coming out of thin air and from what I've seen they sell like hot cakes these days. And your first statement is simply rubbish. Sorry to be blunt, but there you go. Utter rubbish.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I wish they made updated N800 Mk2 with N810's transflective screen... That's about the only reason why I even consider upgrading to N810 at the moment...

Can it be time to turn to eBay for an N800?! The weird thing is Play.com are still offering the N800 for £149 ($307) - and it's on PRE-ORDER!! Apparently the N800 comes out in a week's time!!

I'm going to place an order with Play.com this afternoon and hope for the best!

Luckily there are quite a few left on eBay if that doesn't work out...