Active Topics

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Austria
Hello, any solution for this problem? Still unacceptably slow after 2 years! On a 8 GB card, there must be many subdirectories or many files in every directory. The N810 simply cannot handle such cards!
It seems that it would be sufficient to rip out some useless code from the API or replace the open file dialog?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Hi, please file an enhancement request against the File Manager. There you and other users can provide all the details of the configurations where you are having problems: card size, Mb of data, number of folders and files, performance compared with desktop or other devices using the same card...

There are a few reports relating to the File Manager but none that I have found related to this. Submitting reports and voting on them does help prioritizing tasks.

Thanks!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Although the File Manager, being closed source, cannot be improved; the library it uses (libhildonfm) can be as it is open source. There is an open source file manager that uses libhildonfm. It's nowhere near the file manager however. For Mer, I did make some enhancements (and I had to remove the search functionality as this was for Mer which does not have the closed source searching library) and packaged it for Mer: http://repository.mer.tspre.org/pool/main/f/finefm/

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
do fine have horizontal scroll for the file part, not just the dir part?

pesky long filenames and all that...

wish one could do something with the file selector as well...