Active Topics

Notices

Moderator edit: A large commercial pack of Amiga games and $30 offered as bounty to a developer who makes meaningful improvements in the emulator for Maemo.

is it possible to port UAE on maemo ?

does wthe n800 is capable of good 2D and 3D performance ?

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-02-01 at 18:29. Reason: Added bounty notice and links

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
I just compiled and ran UAE on Nokia 770

:P

Last edited by ArnimS; 2007-05-04 at 22:26.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
So whats with the HUMONGUS letters?

Last edited by SeRi@lDiE; 2007-04-05 at 09:05.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by SeRi@lDiE View Post
Amiga users can only read in VGA.

Originally Posted by SeRi@lDiE View Post
I'm HAPPY!

Getting about 10fps in Arkanoid. It's much prettier than the Atari ST version.

The config menu kinda almost works. Keyboard works. Mouse works, but absolute positioning with touchscreen not so much. Sound still not working.

Here's a temp. link to the binary for 770 / it2006.

http://ln-s.net/NgM

It obviously needs a kickstart ROM image, and some disk image to boot (e.g. a game).

Untar the tgz to /home/user or some other directory (not on MMC1), edit uaerc to point to your kickstart ROM and boot disk image. Then run the ./amiga script.

Give it a try, and let me know how it works. See if you can find uaerc options to speed up the emulation. Im applying for a garage page now.

(edit) Setting cpu_speed=max gives a roughly 30-50% improvement in framerate

Last edited by ArnimS; 2007-04-05 at 11:50.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Here's a temp. link to the binary for 770 / it2006.
Seems to work OK on an N800, IT2007 (version 3.2007.10-7) as well...

I'm currently running Spaceballs' State of the Art. About 1/2 to 1/4 speed of nominal (when rendering every third frame) and no sound. This demo is quite challenging for an emulator, so the emulation is probably perfectly useful for something lighter.

can we use the entire large screen of tablet without drop frame ?

does game work fine with 30fps and sound or not ?

does the system can be optimize for using power video of n770 or n800 ?

can you make benchmark of the emu beetwen table / pc ... with game for example : lionheart ? (on my palm E2 the system work without sound at 5/10 fps ) ) ...

a video of ingame emulation ??

Originally Posted by testtuc View Post
can we use the entire large screen of tablet without drop frame ?

does game work fine with 30fps and sound or not ?

does the system can be optimize for using power video of n770 or n800 ?

can you make benchmark of the emu beetwen table / pc ... with game for example : lionheart ? (on my palm E2 the system work without sound at 5/10 fps ) ) ...

a video of ingame emulation ??
Speeds are averaging 8-10 fps in various demos. No 30fps+sound. Hah. Maybe with the cyclone core someday. A good place to start would be with gp2x sources, but they require some reworking to be adapted to nokia.s.

The 'power video' would be xsp pixel-doubling and it's possible this might work, or not. Since xsp doubling is somewhat buggy in current implementation.

Right now i'm focusing on my exult port for 770 / 800 tablets, as it's very close to playable now. http://pupnik.de/exult770.html

I'm not giving up on the emulators just yet, but they require some serious work to get the speed up to usable.

Cheers!

Hi,
I already tried E-UAE (http://www.rcdrummond.net/uae/) in February 2006 on a Nokia 770.
I had similar problems with that port: Stuttering sound and nearly not possible to use the stylus because of the absolute positioning.
Because I would like to work on that again, I have some questions to your work: Which version of UAE have you used? Have you made already some changes to the source code?

Cheers
Timo

Originally Posted by ErrorEmpire View Post
Hi,
I already tried E-UAE (http://www.rcdrummond.net/uae/) in February 2006 on a Nokia 770.
your work: Which version of UAE have you used? Have you made already some changes to the source code?

Cheers
Timo
I just tested uae-0.8.25 from the deb source.

I started implementing pixel-doubling and integrating achurch's optimized ARM core, but it's not working yet.

I'll look into E-Uae, but i'm busy with RL and other projects. The mouse issue is likely due to relative positioning. It should be a simple change to get absolute positioning.