i have a nokia n900 for a week..it wasn`t new when i took it,it was from a friend..i think there are a few problems:

1.sometimes file manager is not responding and it freezes.i get the message that it`s not responding and when i click close the app nothing happens.

2.i was in an area with wifi and an nokia n97 found like 7 conn available..while my n900 found ZERO.

3.sometimes when i turn the phone or when i hold it in my hand a strange noise comes from inside..like a broken liitle part

And right now i dont have any internet conn available and i would like to install some apps & games..could somebody tell me how using x term or any other way ?
OOOH and my battery life is like 10 hours max.is there a way to make its life longer ? i searched through this threads but didnt found a solution..

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
i would sugest you flash it.

which would fix questions 1 an 2 as for 3
isnt it the accellometer? or vibration motor?

i reinstalled it`s software maemo 5 10.2010.19-1.205.1 (PR 1.2) with nokia software updater..because i don`t know an other way..
And i dont know about the noise..doesn`t happens all the time..mostly when i shake it..for me it sounds like a broken part or something like this but maybe im wrong..thanx for ur answer anyway