Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Do you still experience this problem, or was it possible a temporarily one? The playlist loading timeout message should be displayed in any case after the assigned timeout time (default 30 secs in case you have not changed it). What is the xterminal output when the problem occurs?
Aye, still having the problem. The playlist loading timeout message is still not showing after the 60 seconds i have in settings. The xterminal reads as follows:

set_stream 'QSpot'
"User ______ logged in.."
Fetch root playlist container..
Container loaded callback..
Playlist container loaded
Number of playlists: 21
metadata updated..
metadata updated..
metadata updated..
metadata updated..
metadata updated..
metadata updated..
and keeps spamming "metadata updated.."

Last edited by mattiasbäx; 2011-04-07 at 07:46.

Originally Posted by mattiasbäx View Post
Aye, still having the problem. The playlist loading timeout message is still not showing after the 60 seconds i have in settings. The xterminal reads as follows:

set_stream 'QSpot'
"User ______ logged in.."
Fetch root playlist container..
Container loaded callback..
Playlist container loaded
Number of playlists: 21
metadata updated..
metadata updated..
metadata updated..
metadata updated..
metadata updated..
metadata updated..
and keeps spamming "metadata updated.."
From the output it seems that the playlist container has loaded ok, and also the number of playlists. Of some reason there is some problem with loading the individual playlists from Spotify; this could also be some problem at Spotify side. Do you have possibility to try with some other Spotify client to see if it is a general problem? It is also strange the you do not receive a timeout after 60 secs.

From the output it seems that the playlist container has loaded ok, and also the number of playlists. Of some reason there is some problem with loading the individual playlists from Spotify; this could also be some problem at Spotify side. Do you have possibility to try with some other Spotify client to see if it is a general problem? It is also strange the you do not receive a timeout after 60 secs.
I installed footify and the playlists worked flawlessly there. I tried them in QSpot as well and they worked while footify was installed! Then i removed footify and now the playlists aren't showing in QSpot again! :b

I installed footify and the playlists worked flawlessly there. I tried them in QSpot as well and they worked while footify was installed! Then i removed footify and now the playlists aren't showing in QSpot again! :b
Indeed very strange, as QSpot does not share any resources with footify. I will need to look into it.

Indeed very strange, as QSpot does not share any resources with footify. I will need to look into it.
Reinstalled footify and QSpot works again! I will just keep footify installed as well for now

Reinstalled footify and QSpot works again! I will just keep footify installed as well for now
Strange indeed. I myself have no problems loading my playlist with QSpot even though I do not have footify installed at the moment. Footify and QSpot use completely different libraries (libdespotify vs. libopenspotify) so they should have no impact on each other. I hope to have yet another minor update version within the coming days, so let's see in case it will solve the problem..

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Today I tried Qspot on an different Wifi connection and it did work. How is it possible it can't connect when I'm home?

Can you also make the bottom which shows what song is playing, available in the search results screen?

Hi, and thanks for this awesome app.

One more feature request though, have you considered adding repeat-functionality into QSpot?

I have few shorter playlists and it's a bit annoying when the music stops unexpectedly and then I have to pull my phone out of my pocket and restart playing and then yank it back to pocket again....

An updated QSpot version (0.9.0-3) is now available from extras-devel and from the garage page.. Changes are listed below:

* Added Finnish translations (activated when regional settings set to Finnish).
* Fixed login dialog layout in portrait mode.
* Added custom about dialog.
* Package now installs under /opt/qspot.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zekahz View Post
Today I tried Qspot on an different Wifi connection and it did work. How is it possible it can't connect when I'm home?

Can you also make the bottom which shows what song is playing, available in the search results screen?
It is indeed strange, could some port be blocked which prevents QSpot from communicating with Spotify servers? Some other users have previously also reported similar problems. QSpot connects to Spotify on TCP port 4070 during login.

Tags
premium account, spotify