Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by l32606 View Post
Hi, so sorry for late. My boss kept me busy on some boring business trips these month...

although I am not sure 100%, but i think installing my app would not cause the messages disappeared. I heard about the same thing from other people who didn't install the Firewall+ Pro.
Nice problem to have Matt... Anyway, well after disabling all rules, rebooting - all messages came back... But who knows... All workign fine now.

This is also not a app request in that sense but I do wish there was a Activate / Deactivate.

Last edited by banong; 2012-04-28 at 11:19.

Hi Matt!

Is there a way to add a blocked number in the logs to either whitelist or blacklist?

I can't seem to find that option when I open the log and select an SMS/call log. I only got an option to save to my contacts?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
TIP: all your settings are saved in firewallpluspro.db which can be found in home/user/.firewallpluspro folder.

Just backup this file using a file manager, save somewhere and then copy back to the same folder (over-writing the file), should you need to re-flash your phone.

Cheers!
When I manually updated the database file, I had to reinstall Firewallplus in order to get the blocking working. How can I update the database file without reinstalling the app?

Originally Posted by Jare View Post
When I manually updated the database file, I had to reinstall Firewallplus in order to get the blocking working. How can I update the database file without reinstalling the app?
I do not manually update the db. (Why would I? I just need the db to back up my settings - is all).

I change the settings from the app itself.

Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
I do not manually update the db. (Why would I? I just need the db to back up my settings - is all).

I change the settings from the app itself.
Well I use a 3rd party blacklist, which contains about 10 000 numbers. It's updated regularly, so I want to keep the Firewallplus database up-to-date. As I said after updating the file all the numbers show up correctly in the app, but it won't block the new numbers unless I reinstall the app. So I suspect there's a temp file somewhere.

A new import/export function for a newline separated list of numbers would be great though.

WE NEED Activate / Deactivate.

Originally Posted by banong View Post
WE NEED Activate / Deactivate.
My way is to select permit all from profile to act as ”deactivate”

The Following User Says Thank You to bnwg For This Useful Post:
Looking forward for new update, Lock your Firewall+ Pro SMS/Call Blocker with a simple password and Activate / Deactivate.

Last edited by banong; 2012-05-06 at 07:40.

I can confirm another bug (as posted in the Nokia store app review wherein, selecting multiple contacts from the phonebook, the selected contacts (checked/ticked) gets deselected as I scroll to add some more - although the selection gets saved in the list.

Another thing, double entries (of contacts/numbers) are NOT prevented. I found this out when I tried to add contacts to my whitelist due to the bug above... Anyway, to filter out double entries?

Thanks, Matt!

The Following User Says Thank You to BlinkThinks For This Useful Post: